Blood | 20

You soon could no longer stand, and collapsed as Scaramouche caught you.

The boy soon dropped the knife he held, and his hands quickly went to cover his mouth. His body wanted to throw up when he begun to realize of what he just did. He was trying to deny the crime he had committed.

He fell onto his knees and stared at the Harbingers who's eyes glared at him making his skin crawl as bloodlust cloudy the air, suffocating him.

Electro particles formed around the balladeers arm, while any minute now would be all aimed towards him. Unable to move, the young man could only sit there, rethinking his life.

Revenge wasn't going to restore his family.

All it did was hurt someone else.

His eyes widened as he glanced over to you. Blood streaming out of your body, and your face so pale, had the expression of confusion. This was no better then what the fatui had did to him.

The harbinger he once and still hated, in this moment reminded him of himself, with those burning eyes all directed towards a one specific person. Him.

It's funny isn't it. How the one who hated the murderer became the murderer.

The young man begun to laugh but was interrupted by an attack. Not by the Balladeer but by another, which surprised the balladeer as well.

"[name] are you okay?!" Thoma immediately turned towards you after he successfully knocked out the boy, but your lack of response was enough to answer his question, "I'll go deal with the others!" He yelled as he catch a glimpse of other figures hiding away.

"—You stop the bleeding" Thoma ordered the harbinger, a bit hesitantly, as the boy who held you in his arms was a stranger to Thoma.

But there was no time to waste on hesitation.

Quickly, Scaramouche switched his focus to you, trusting the random fellow to deal with the other scumbags.

"HEY! [name]" he repeatedly shakes your body to prevent you from closing your eyes. "..I feel really, really tired" you mumbled weakly and unable to move.

You were stabbed in the chest.

He trembled as he looked at your blood quickly spilling out, "since when did you have so much blood" he muttered before quickly tearing off a piece of his shirt and wrapping it tightly around you. But the bleeding wouldn't stop.

"Shit, what the hell do I do" his hands begun to shake, panicking as he pressed a cloth over your wound, trying to make the bleeding stop.

Humans are so, so frail.

They all die in the ends eventually.

Tears begun to built up in his eyes. He was trying his best, he really was, but his all his efforts were futile. Anymore blood and you were going to die.

"Why won't you stop bleeding" his voice cracked as his hat fell onto the ground, revealing his teary expression.

This was the first time in your life, that anyone had wept so much over you. The harbinger who was feared by many and stronger then most, right now seemed like nothing more then a vulnerable, crying child.

His tears dropped onto your face as he desperately tried to stop your bleeding. You felt bad for making someone worry so much about you. You wanted to sit up and give him a hug, comforting him telling him how you were going to be 'okay' but you couldn't move.

'I can't die yet'

Suddenly, a loud noise exploded in the sky, causing your ears to ring,

but when you looked up, your eyes were immediately drawn in by many lights. Mesmerizing colours filled the night sky, they were like blooming flowers as they continuously spread throughout Inazuma city, exploding bright colours filling the sky.

"Fireworks," you whispered, tears streaming down your face as you smiled.

Somewhere in your mind, familiar voices echoed in your head. The sweet laughters of the children's heard at the festival background warmed your heart to hear.

But, you were just hearing things.

Your gazed switched over to Scaramouche, 'it was you.' A fragment of your memory slowly begun to clear up.

"I'm sorry mom, I ruined your favourite Kimono." Your voice barely audible spoke as you slowly begin to close your eyes well you gazed at the fireworks.

"Hey [name], [NAME]" Scaramouche yelled, noticing you were drifting away. But, none of his calls were getting to you. It was like you could no longer hear.

'The fireworks are pretty, aren't they?'

But, once you close your eyes, it'll all be over.

Panic rushed through Scaramouches body as he cradled you, doing everything he could to keep you awake. Blood covered his hands and cloths, he was growing more desperate by the second.

He needed something to surprised you, to keep you awake.

To keep you awake

To keep you awake

To keep you awake...

Unaware that you were on the brink of death, you let yourself fall into a peaceful slumber. No longer having the strength to fight, and forgetting everything, leaving it all behind.

It was fine, it'll be okay. I'll be back, just let me take a quick nap, and then we can finish watching the fireworks together...

Suddenly, as your vision was about to fade, the boy who held you in his arms in your last moments, lifted your head up and gently pressed his lips against yours.

'Something to surprised you'

'So you won't close fall asleep'

———

Questions/your feedback (optional):

How do you feel?

Is this Chapter emotional enough? 
Do I need to add more?

Is it sad enough?

What can I do to make this Chapter
more sad in your opinion?