Bitter memories | 28

Please let me know what type of fan-fiction you want next, I'll be happy to hear/read your opinions or requests :)

-

The words were sweet and it brought a smile to Ayaka's. Stories and events were written within the journal, how your days went, how you felt, what you liked, and what you didn't. They were all written down and just by the way you wrote it, Ayaka could tell you were truly happy in these moments.

It was similar to the way her mother once wrote hers, normal events yet multiple stories. But, the thing that stood out the most to Ayaka was the constant mention of young boy names 'Kunikizushi'. She has never met nor heard of one named such. Perhaps it was friend... Ayaka was curious of who this gentlemen could be.

'Reserved, stubborn, fun, short-tempered, strong, and beautiful indigo eyes' was what the young boy was described as in your Journal, and as a 'dear friend' who you really seemed to like.

Perhaps... a crush?

No, just a friend?

Ayaka skipped to the last page as she didn't want to waste anymore time. She wasn't here to learn every event that happen in your life, she was here to learn the truth.

But, the page was empty, no words, or anything. Therefore, she flipped a few pages back.

". . ."

"The people of Inazuma are starting to spread nasty rumours. I don't know what to do. Is it my fault??"

.

She flipped back to the next page, and yet again it was empty. You didn't write very much when the Journal was getting closer to its end, and when you did, only to just a few sentences were written.

Ayaka frowned at the lack of words, why was there so many empty pages? Was the Journal lost, forgotten, or was it on purpose? There were large gaps of empty pages that separated one event to the next, was this intentional?

She peeked a glance to check if you were still awake before looking back at the journal when confirming you were asleep. Ayaka sighed tiredly and went to the middle of the Journal, which had more words this time. Eagerly, she brought the book closer to her face and read through it carefully.

"It was a spring day. Warm, but quite rainy...

— — — — — — — — — — —

Today was your birthday, and it should have been a special day for you. But instead, you were alone for the most part.

In the empty streets where you walked by, you held an umbrella in one hand as the other held a bag of medication.

'After being ill for such a long duration of time, your body has been weakened a lot and has already sustain permanent damage. I'm sorry to inform you, but the possibility of you being able to live a full live is very slim. Depending on how long your body can manage to hold up till then, I would estimate 10-20 years if lucky enough.'

You stopped a front of a can and kicked it angrily, causing it to to be thrown bac a couple meters. The pitied expression the doctor had on their face irritated you.

'Please avoid anything that could possibly cause you to get hurt or be sick. The affects may be worse for you and the healing process for you could be slower.'

"Shut up" you said as you lifted medication preparing to throw it, but you couldn't bring yourself to throw it into the puddle. All the energy left your arm and it fell back down.

Droplets of water hit against your umbrella, sliding down from the top until it dropped into the puddle beneath you.

Living with a damage body, taking medicines to help, and dealing with it's side effects. No, the medicine was only minimizing the damage that had been done to you. But regardless either way, using the medicine or not.

You weren't going to live very long.

How do you feel about this chapter?
(Is it a bit too confusing?)