Morning Glory

"Eijirou." 

"Hm?" 

"Are you alright, man? You're being weird." 

Eijirou snorts sardonically as he continues to stare up at the ceiling from his spot on the living room floor, arms folded behind his head while Izuku goes about getting comfortable on the sofa. "I'm being weird? I haven't even said anything, Zu." 

"Yeah. You've never shut the fuck up for this long before so something is obviously on your mind." 

"Fuck you." 

They share a chuckle in the dark, just barely illuminated by the light of the moon as it floods through the wide window on the opposite side of the room. It's followed by an odd silence soon after, save for the sound of what Izuku recognizes as a frog somewhere on a nearby windowsill. 

It's a bit unnerving. 

Izuku adjusts himself into his side, propping himself up on his elbow to look down at Eijirou at his side. "Seriously. What's up with you, Eiji? You can talk to me, man, I'm not gonna judge you. You seem really bothered." 

Eijirou shakes his head in denial. "Not bothered, exactly. Just...curious, I guess. I mean, did you see them tonight? How in love they seemed to be with each other?" He relents, finally turning to meet Izuku's concerned gaze. The freckled man can't help but smile. "It was pretty hard to miss so up-close and personal. But I thought it was really beautiful, you know? The amount of intimacy they share is out of this world and Shouto's so good with him. It really made me happy to see them so happy." 

"Yeah…" 

Another odd silence. Izuku isn't at all sure of what Eijirou is getting at. 

"Look. Whatever it is that you're thinking, Ei, just say it. I can't read your mind, you know. And I don't wanna be tryna pry this outta you all night---" 

"I'm just kind of worried that I might be in Shouto's way. That's all." Comes the redhead's soft spoken explanation and Izuku sits upright, a rather curious expression pinching at his brows. "In his way? Dude, what are you talking about? You're not sayin' what I think you're insinuating, are you?" 

Eijirou shrugs. "I dunno. Shouto was pretty promiscuous before we met and I didn't expect that to change when we got together. But then he told me that he loved me and he wanted to be with me and...some part of me felt really special because I know that I'm the first guy that he's ever said something like that to. Until I realized that I wasn't." 

"...because he says it to Katsuki all of the time."

A heavy sigh. 

"Yeah. And...he shows Katsuki sides of himself that I don't think he'll ever show to me. He's always so bossy and bratty and needy when he's with me---and I fucking love that! But when he's with Katsuki? He's so soft and gentle and it's so obvious that Katsuki is his everything. Do I wanna get in the way of that? Am I already in the way of that? I dunno. I just want Sho to be happy. That's my baby. You know?" 

Izuku is beginning to feel a bit dizzy. Why does it feel like Eijirou is just going around in circles with this? 

Well...less of a circle and more like a bunch of scribbly lines.