Emergance

(So sorry for not updating I hadn't realized how long it had been)

Kai regrets what he said to Marionette as he walked out of the manor and hid around a corner. He said it out of anger and frustration.

Cole had been captured, they don't got any idea on where Jay and Zane are, and Ninjago is at risk. Kai never even realized he had thought those things about Marionette they all came out in the moment.

"Kai!" Said ninja turns around and saw his green boyfriend running up to him. "What here to scold me?" Kai grumbles. Lloyd turns him around and slapped him clean across the face. "Kai! Look I know most of what you said was true in a sense and I know your frustrated, but we don't need to be blowing up at each other right now. Marionette is our best bet at winning this," Lloyd explains to him. "I just...argh!" Kai ran his hands through his hair.

"You know I hate people who act like they do one good deed and are suddenly angels. Lloyd we deal with people worse than Lila and she's clearly just," Kai was cut off. "Just like you," Lloyd said taking his hand. Kai pauses looking away. "Kai, Nya told me what you were like. I know you lied a lot about your life and how you lied about your life so you could provide a better one for Nya, but people ruined that for you," Lloyd put's Kai's hand to his face. "I just...... I'm not saying sorry, but I just loved having a normal life for once you know?" Kai looks at Lloyd.

"I dropped out of school when I was fourteen to provide for Nya when our parents savings ran out. I loved going to school here because I got a chance to be just like everyone else for once. I wanted to do school work, I wanted to go to school dances, I wanted all of that school experience and now," Kai squeezes Lloyd's hand as he keeps the tears from falling. "I just wanted to be like everyone else and have a normal walk through a city, have someone to go on dates with without it being all over the news, not have to feel like I need to be constantly saving someone, or stop a crime. I wanted to just be a teenager and to feel normal for just once,"

A shiver went through Kai's body as he held in the sob threatening to escape. "I didn't even realize I had been thinking those things and to just blow up in front of my parents like that? They must think I'm a jerk," Kai said sadly. Lloyd hugs him close. "No your dad was pretty happy you spoke your mind. Your mother commented you sounded just like your dad because you didn't take anyone's shit," Lloyd said and Kai smiles on the inside hearing that. "But I know your Gonna be grounded if you go off alone to do something stupid," Lloyd added.

"I wasn't," Kai sputters and Lloyd looks him straight in the eyes. "I don't need to be your boyfriend to know your a reckless idiot who definitely was going too," Lloyd said. "So what else are we going to do? Wait around for little miss polka dot do something while our friends are in who knows what shit right now?" Kai asks.

"No," Lloyd held up the realm crystal in his hand. "We're gonna do some dum shit together," Lloyd said with mischief. Kai looks from the crystal to Lloyd and back to the crystal before finally settling on his beloved boyfriend. Kai's grin broke out and he picked Lloyd up with a spin and kissed his forehead. "I am rubbing off on your aren't I?" Kai asks and Lloyd shrugs innocently. "I can always say I get it from Uncle Wu and if he denies it I just remind him of how much a dumbass he is," Lloyd said and Kai smiles lovingly. "I'm definitely rubbing off on you. Now come on let's go start some shit," Kai said as Lloyd got the realm crystal started up and they stepped through it in Ninjago's desert behind a tent.

Looking around the corner for anything they saw all the people had been herded in one group for some reason. "What's going on?" Lloyd asks. "Lila has something," both ninja jumped around seeing a skulkin behind them and Kai tackled the skeleton to the ground. "Wait Kai it's me!" Suddenly the skulkin flickered to Zane and Kai got up very embarrassed. "Sorry Zane," he said than saw another skulkin sneaking up behind him.

He was pretty sure it was Jay, but you can never be too careful. "Don't tackle me I'm Jay," The blue ninja dressed as a skulkin said. Oh well, Kai can tackle him into the sand later.

"What happened to you guys?" Lloyd asks them. "Well we got captured by a group of skulkin and learned the reason why they're following Bluebird," Zane explains. "And what was that?" Kai asks. "She created a senti-monster of Samukai from a old painting of him and had it terrorize them before she swooped in and "defeated" it. She then said that she is the only one who can protect them because despite ruling the underworld for centuries the Skulkin hated Samukai and that was the reason they were so easy to give their loyalty to her, but most of the skulkin figured out the truth, but right now their too scared of her to do anything," Zane explains.

"Great to know, but where's Cole?" Lloyd asks. Zane opens his mouth to answer when the ground beneath them starts shaking wildly. They all fall down and they hear a few in the crowd screaming. The four ninja looked and saw Cole with something wrapped around his forehead and bluebird smirking next to him.

Slowly Cole raises his arms that were lit up by his powers as a pyramid began to rise from the sand below. "She's using Cole to unearth the temple," Jay whispers. "No kidding," Kai snaps. "Quiet," Lloyd orders both of them.

A giant pyramid the size of a small mountain emerges from the sand when Cole finally puts his arms down. He was clearly tired from he amount of energy because he was breathing deeply like he had run a marathon. "Good minion come on," Blue Bird said and Cole suddenly stood up straight and followed her into the pyramid.

"What do we do know?" Jay asks. "You and Zane release the people. Me and Kai will go after Cole and Blue bird," Lloyd said. They all nodded and went their separate ways confident they would succeed and this would all be over soon.

Sadly things never do go their way do they?