eight.

it was hyunjin's birthday, so of course there was a huge party.

hyunjin's house was full of sweaty dancing people so seungmin decided to stay far away from the action. him and hyunjin had already celebrated by themselves the day prior; a cute little picnic date seungmin planned.

even though they already celebrated, seungmin felt obligated to come to the party despite not liking them. but right now he was left all alone just scrolling through instagram. hyunjin was off talking to other guests and the rest of the group what nowhere to be found.

"ayo puppy face, come here" seungmin heard someone yell. he looked up only to see minho walking towards him.

"puppy face? really?"

"are you implying i'm wrong? anyway, come dance with me."

seungmin wasn't too fond of dancing, especially in a crowd where most people didn't know personal space.

"why don't you ask jisung?" seungmin questioned.

"he's talking to this one eric guy from class, plus he doesn't like crowds at all."

"and what makes you think i do? do you see where i am?" seungmin jokingly scoffed.

"oh come onnn! if you don't dance with me, who will? pleaseee"

of course seungmin wasn't going to go dance with him. he absolutely hated things like that.

"you're so annoying...let's go before i change my mind." seungmin said before he stood up and put his phone in his pocket.

minho beamed as he grabbed seungmin's hand, dragging him to the sea of people.

"hey, loosen up! this is supposed to be fun! just relax and follow me, yeah?"

with that, seungmin slowly came out of his shell to have fun just like everybody else. minho had a wide grin plastered on his face the whole time, rubbing his happiness off onto seungmin.

after minutes of dancing and listening to upbeat music, it suddenly changed to much slower and somewhat romantic music?

internally, seungmin cringed at the new vibe. what was this? a school dance?

he felt someone softly grab his hand only to realize it was minho once again. he immediately turned to walk back to where he was before, assuming minho was uninterested in the slow dances and wanted to leave.

"oh? is this rejection?" minho playfully said, squeezing seungmins hand.

"huh? you...?"

"it's just a slow dance, or are you too cool for one?"

seungmin scoffed nervously before completely facing minho again. if he's being honest, he's never really slow danced before. he wasn't sure how to move or where to put his hands, so he decided to let minho take the lead.

after a few seconds, minho loosely wrapped his arms around seungmins neck. seungmin thought for a second on where to put his hands before he cautiously placed them on minho's waist.

they were so close seungmin could hear minho's soft breathing. he didn't dare look at the olders face, opting to look slightly to the side.

this only lasted for a few moments though before he gave into temptation. he glanced only to meet minho's star-filled eyes. seungmins breath hitched at the sight before him.

minho's honey skin and glittery makeup almost sent seungmin into a trance. minho watched him with a soft grin. seungmin couldn't even stop what came out of his mouth.

"hyung... you're seriously pretty."

———
a/n: (not proofread!)
kinda long chapter! hope you enjoyed :D also these skz and ryan reynolds interactions are SO CUTE i just :,)

i think i'm gonna fail one of my classes 😁 no i um.. KNOW i am going to fail it jdnxjsnxjx but ~yeahhh life goes on~ i guess (my parents are gonna be so mad)  the semester ends in a few days so i'll update you whenever i post again djdnsksk