twenty-one.

the food was finally finished and everyone gathered into the living room to watch a movie once again. seungmin picked out some romance sci-fi movie and honestly, it was so bad. so bad it was almost entertaining.

hyunjin, seungmin, and minho took the couch once again. seungmin snuggled up next to hyunjin while minho sat by himself on the other side.

"god i wish the alien boy would just kiss him already." hyunjin whined.

"hyunjin, as much as i love gay romance, this movie is painfully straight." jisung added with a laugh.

"you're painfully straight." hyunjin instantly mocked, leading to jisung throwing a pillow at his face.

"i fucking dare you to say that again, blondie." jisung threatened from his spot on the floor. everyone was watching the pair, seeing hyunjin smirking.

"han jisung is a het."

"that's it." jisung said before standing up and running towards the tall boy.

"and hwang hyunjin is painfully ticklish." suddenly hyunjin felt two hands tickling him, leading to him thrashing around as laughter filled the room.

seungmin, not wanting to be accidentally punched by his boyfriend, moved to the other side of the couch.

"you're safe over here seungmin-ah" minho joked, opening his arms as an invite.

"pft, as if. how do i know you won't try tickling me too?"

"hmmm, well... we'll just have to see. come here, puppy face." minho gently grabbed his hand, tugging him closer.

seungmin smiled at the nickname, a sense of normalcy forming once again. they probably shouldn't do this, but skinship like this is normal in the friend group. if anything, it would look weirder for him to refuse. they used to do this all the time after all.

he scooted closer to the older to lean into him.

"if you tickle me, i won't hesitate to choke you."

"oo, kinky. i like it." minho commented with a smirk as seungmin looked at him with wide eyes.

"ew, i regret moving over here." seungmin said, acting as if he is going to move over. minho grabbed his arm, pulling him in even closer than before.

"okay okay, i'm sorry! i won't joke like that anymore." minho's arms wrapped around seungmin's waist, seungmin sitting in between the older's legs.

they sat in silence for a few seconds. hearts beating slightly faster than they should, but they both decide to ignore it.

"when do you think they'll finally give up?" seungmin quietly asked as he watched jisung and hyunjin continue to play fight.

"who knows?.. sometimes i forget you're younger than those two." minho said has he rested his chin on seungmin's shoulder.

"and sometimes i forget you're older than us." seungmin half-joked. though minho did have his mature side, he also had his...childish side. it was a cute duality that everyone in the friend group enjoyed without any complaints.

"excuse me? what do you mean by that, mr. kim?"

instead of giving a proper response, seungmin chose to childishly stick his tongue out at the older.

"i think you forgot, love. i have the advantage here." seungmin didn't even have time to process the pet name before he felt hands tickling him.

laughter immediately erupted from his mouth as he tried to swat his hands away. minho's own giggles filled the space, too amused by the younger's reaction.

;

hyunjin and jisung finally ended their "fighting" session, getting too tired to continue. they both plopped down, catching their slightly erratic breath. only then did hyunjin realize his boyfriend was no longer next to him, glancing to where he heard talking.

he saw his boyfriend playfully stick his tongue out at minho. cute, he thought. what his best friend said in reply was not as cute.

"i think you forgot, love. i have the advantage here."   he then proceeded to tickle seungmin, forcing laughter out of both of them.

as much as hyunjin didn't want to admit it, he wanted it to end. he knows he shouldn't let what he heard earlier get to his head.

he glances over at jisung, not expecting to see jisung's pained stare at the pair.

"i had a boyfriend too, seungmin." fuck, no. don't think about it too much, it doesn't mean anything... jisung won't tell him what happened between him and minho. something happened.

"stuff like that doesn't happen between friends."

"Shit! Ow, babe!" hyunjin suddenly groaned, bringing a hand to press against the side of his head.

seungmin and minho finally broke out of their little bubble they didn't even realize they were in. seungmin looked up with panicked eyes.

"what's wrong? are you okay?"

"i think i accidentally hit my head. will you come check it out in the bathroom?" hyunjin said with a slightly pained expression. everyone in the group watched as the couple stood up and walked towards the restroom.

to be continued in the next chapter!! ;^)

——————
a/n: this scene has a bit more to unpack so i figured i'd stop it there B)

thank you for 10k+ reads!!!! and 800+ votes :0 that's so amazing and i honestly didn't expect to reach that with this story! so thank you for reading and voting :) love y'all <3