twenty-nine.

seungmin hadn't talked to hyunjin in weeks. in all honesty, that was probably the best thing they could've done for their friendship. it was hard, but their friends didn't leave them in the dark about each other. hyunjin frequently asked them about how seungmin was doing and they told him. seungmin did the same.

seungmin thought that it may be time to finally talk things out since they've healed more. hyunjin must've thought the same because his name appeared on seungmin's screen.

hyunnie
hey, coffee at 9 tmrw?

minnie
sure! our regular coffee shop?

hyunnie
ofc, i don't trust anywhere else

minnie
you say that as if the starbuck's employees don't have your order memorized

hyunnie
that's different
smh

minnie
pft okay
see you at 9

hyunnie
yeah see you at 9 :p

seungmin put his phone down with a smile and bright hopes for tomorrow. hyunjin seemed just fine in the messages and seungmin felt like he was just texting any one of the boys. he didn't have butterflies, but he also didn't feel like crying. it's a win.

"why are you smiling so much, hm?" minho asked as he grabbed seungmin's hand and kissed the top of it.

"hyunjin and i are getting coffee tomorrow morning."

seungmin looked over to see minho with a small but genuine smile.

"that's good, seungmo. it's going to go great."

seungmin reciprocated the smile and nodded his head. he looked down at their hands and couldn't help but feel so much joy.

although the past couple of weeks have been hard for everyone, there was some good that came out of it. him and minho had gotten even closer and seungmin couldn't be happier about that.

they didn't rush anything and they just enjoyed spending time together. minho was over almost every day to hang out.

although they have gotten closer, seungmin worries about minho and hyunjin's friendship too. they were extremely close before all of this, but as far as seungmin knows, they haven't spoken since the breakup.

"when are you going to talk to him?" seungmin asked as he continued to look at their now intertwined hands.

"i don't know, really. i'm not sure if i should reach out first or if i should wait for him to."

"mmm, i could ask tomorrow, maybe? if you'd be okay with that."

minho squeezed his hand and gave a small nod.

after about 10 seconds of silence, minho stood up and pulled seungmin up with him.

"lunch?" minho shortly asked, but seungmin easily replied.

"lunch."

———————
a/n: oh my GOD i'm so sorry for not updating. I've started classes again, got covid, AND had surgery. but the seungjin meetup will be next chapter!