twenty.

the friend group slowly found out about the breakup. they didn't want to make a big deal about it, deciding to tell when it came up. everyone was shocked of course, minsung had been so lovey dovey. they seemed truly happy.

luckily they didn't seem to have bad blood. of course they weren't like before and they were hurt, especially jisung. though the news did bring some tension for the first couple of days.

comfort had been brought to both parties from each friend, but hyunjin realized jisung seemed particularly pained. no matter how much he asked what happened, jisung refused to tell.

after a couple weeks, things seemed back to normal. everyone was back to joking around and laughing, including minho and jisung.

though hyunjin didn't miss the way jisung would stare at minho for a second too long. and how minho never did. not even a sly glance.

it was weird, but hyunjin thought he shouldn't worry about it. if they didn't want to talk about it that's okay. as long as they're getting better, right?

seungmin had been more affectionate recently too. kisses and cuddles came more frequently than ever. small praises like "my boyfriend is so pretty" or "i'm so lucky to have you" were said multiple times throughout the day.

hyunjin decided he didn't hate it, he actually liked it quite a bit. after all, it gave him a chance to show his love for seungmin too.

;

"minnie, come help me in the kitchen." minho said as he placed his hand on the younger's shoulder.

"hey, why him and not me?" hyunjin whined as he held his boyfriend's hand. minho simply rolled his eyes with a soft laugh.

"we'd all be dead if we ate something you made. seungmo is good at cooking." the oldest reasoned.

"alright, i'll help. however, i get to pick out the movie we watch tonight."

"deal."

seungmin stood up and kissed hyunjin's hand before letting go. he and minho quietly made it to the kitchen where the air suddenly got tense. seungmin started cutting vegetables as minho cooked some meat on the stove.

"so, we're not going to talk about it?" minho suddenly asked. the sound of cooking drowned out as seungmin focused on minho's words.

"talk about what?"

"don't play dumb, seungmin."

"if it's what i'm thinking about, then it was nothing." seungmin said before resuming to his task. hoping if he plays it off like nothing, then somehow it'll become nothing.

"do you really think that?"

seungmin looked up in slight surprise. his eyes quickly locked with minho's. minho's were full of vulnerability, scared almost.

"i... don't know" seungmin said as he continued to stare at the pretty man before him.

"it wasn't nothing. you know that."

"...i have a boyfriend." seungmin moved his eyes towards the ground.

"i had a boyfriend too, seungmin. look at me."

seungmin hesitantly looked back only to see minho's intense eyes.

"stuff like that doesn't happen between frien-"

"yo babe, when will the food be ready?" hyunjin said loudly as he entered the kitchen.

minho and seungmin quickly broke eye contact as seungmin turned to his boyfriend.

"soon, stop being so impatient love."

"what if i said it's not the food i'm impatient for, but you?" hyunjin said giving a joking wink.

"oh please, it's been maybe 10 minutes." seungmin said, faking annoyance. at this point minho has resumed making the food, not wanting to listen to the lovers.

"there's a lot we could've done in 10 minutes." hyunjin continued playing as he wrapped his arms around seungmin's neck.

"you're impossible. just go wait for a bit, the food will be done soon."

hyunjin playfully pouted before letting a small smile creep onto his lips.

"alright," he pecked seungmin's nose, "there's a spot next to me on the couch."

seungmin only nodded his head before he went back to cooking. the air was tense again, but they decided to continue in silence. maybe a friend-get-together wasn't the right place to talk about this.

;

hyunjin was walking past the kitchen to go to the bathroom when he heard quiet talking from the kitchen.

"i had a boyfriend too, seungmin. look at me. stuff like that doesn't happen between frien-"

what are they talking about? did something happen? hyunjin decided to cut in, not knowing what was going on. though he felt the tense atmosphere as soon as he stepped into the kitchen.

after his playful bickering with his boyfriend, he went to sit down on the couch. it was nothing. they were probably just talking about useless gossip from school, right?

hyunjin shook his head, as if it would clear his thoughts. he's ignoring it, he won't be thinking about it at all. everything is like normal and everything is fine.

——————
a/n: hi! i'm sorry for not updating in so long?? ive had extreme writers block! still kinda do :,)

thank you for 8k+ reads, 600+ votes, and 40 followers!! :^) you all are vvv cool

*not proofread