nineteen.

*upload schedule is now every saturday and/or sunday!*

_____

"jisung, can we talk?" minho quietly asked over the phone.

it had been a few days since their last interaction at the apartment. minho had been thinking all day everyday about what he felt and what was best.

now he wasn't sure if this was what was best, but it was what he felt.

"what is it?"

"no um, i wanted to talk about it in person. is that alright?"

"okay...i'll be there in a few." jisung quietly said before hanging up.

true to his word, jisung knocked on the door a mere 10 minutes later. minho could see the conflicting emotions in his eyes and the way he nervously played with his fingers.

"hey."  jisung softly spoke up as he avoided eye contact.

"hey, come in."

feeling guilty is an understatement. jisung was obviously anxious as he shyly made his way to sit on the couch. minho almost wanted to tell him to forget it and they can go about their day.

but that isn't going to work. it will only make things worse, they both know that.

they both sat apart on the couch and stayed silent for a few seconds before minho spoke up.

"i think we should break up, jisung."

he wasn't shocked, he just sadly smiled as tears brimmed his eyes, threatening to fall. and fall they did.

"i just wanna go back. back to when i first met you, tell myself to not fall so hard for you. though we both know i still would've, huh?" jisung let out a fragile laugh.

"jisung, i'm sor—"

"no! no really it's alright," liar, minho thought, "i knew what i was getting into. i should've seen it coming an-". jisung rambled, almost in a panicked way.

"jisung."

the soft squirrel-like boy looked up with tear stained cheeks.

"you didn't know what you were getting into," minho continued, making sure to show he really meant every word.

"i promised that i would move on and i failed to do that. i didn't keep my part and that's completely my fault. you did nothing wrong, sung. not a single thing."

jisung stayed silent as he stared at his hands. minho wanted to comfort him, but he didn't know how or if it was wrong to do so. he is the one hurting him after all.

jisung was perfect. minho wanted to love him in that way so, so bad. he was beautiful inside and out, nobody could deny that. their dates always made minho happy, the way jisung would smile widely when they got cheesecake or when he would gently play with minho's fingers as they cuddled in bed.

but he couldn't get his mind off seungmin. he couldn't stop his mind from wishing he was in hyunjin's place instead. holding him, kissing him, minho wanted all of that. minho wanted seungmin.

so this should be the best choice, leaving jisung for a taken man. one that probably doesn't even like him like that. hell, he's head over heels for hyunjin. but even if it doesn't work out, at least jisung won't be led on. he deserves the best.

"i should probably go." jisung said, snapping minho out of his thoughts. jisung slowly stood up, leading minho to do the same.

when jisung was about to turn around minho  spoke.

"jisung...i'm truly sorry. are we good?" he questioned.

jisung gave it a second before replying, instead wiping the tear stains from his cheeks.

"yeah," he genuinely gave a small smile, "we'll be okay. boyfriend or not, you can't get rid of me, sorry." he joked.

minho let out a small laugh at the younger's comment.

"i never planned on it. who else would i have movie nights with?" minho fondly smiled as jisung let out a quiet giggle.

"right, i could never give those up. i'll get going, i'll see you later min." jisung for the last time leaned over to place a bittersweet kiss on his ex's cheek.

minho watched sadly yet fondly as jisung made his way out of the apartment. head looking down at the ground as he moved out of the door.

jisung was more hurt than he let on, minho knew him well enough to know that. his little laughs and comments were just part of a deflection. but jisung is one of the strongest people minho knows, he'll be alright and find someone even better for him.

they would be just fine. minho knew it, jisung knew it. the two could never truly stop being friends even after this. they were far too close and compatible, just not in the way they wanted to be.

__
a/n: had to make a 19 reference in the chapter (if you caught it, (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ) *not proofread*

thank you for 6k+ reads and 500+ votes :] <3 i love y'all and stay safe :D