twenty-eight.

seungmin heard a soft knock on the door and quickly wiped his eyes before opening the door.

there minho stood with an apologetic smile and hot breakfast for the two of them.

"let's try to eat something, okay?"

seungmin just nodded and began walking to the couch. should he eat at the table like normal? probably. does he want to? no. so he won't.

minho doesn't seem to mind the setting, so he sets the food on the coffee table silently. seungmin appreciates that he isn't trying to pry anything out of him, instead just giving him company.

they ate in silence and seungmin tried to collect his thoughts, but his mind was a wreck. he didn't know what to say to minho. he wanted to talk about what happened with hyunjin last night, but would that be inappropriate? would minho be uncomfortable if seungmin talked about his ex? ex. oh my god, hyunjin is his ex.

minho seemed to notice his worried state. he put his food back down before softly laying a hand on the younger's shoulder.

"wanna talk about it? i'm all ears."

seungmin sadly put his head down. his food felt slimy and tasted of nothing. the thought of trying to swallow felt suffocating, so he also sat his food on the table.

"...would it be okay..if i did talk about it?" seungmin said so softly it could've been mistaken for a whisper.

"of course, why wouldn't it be?" minho said with his eyebrows confusedly knitted together.

"he's my ex and you're my..." seungmin trailed off before falling silent. seungmin doesnt know what they are, but it's definitely not platonic.

minho just hums before reaching for his hand and giving it a quick squeeze.

"it's fine, i promise. you're hurting and that's all that matters right now."

this is one of the many reasons seungmin likes minho. he cares so much and he always knows what to say.

seungmin remembers when he completely forgot about a project for one of his classes. he couldn't afford to fail it and he felt so dumb for not remembering to do it. the realization sent him into a panic attack and he couldn't stop it no matter how hard he tried. it made him even angrier that he was sobbing and shaking rather than being level-headed and working on it.

though, like the best friend he is, minho was quick to comfort him. minho's warm embrace and reassurances in seungmin's ear helped more than one could've imagined.

it'll be okay, seungmin-ah.

let it all out, its okay to feel this way.

we'll get it done, don't worry.

we. minho really meant that they would get it done together and seungmin couldnt be more thankful. minho stayed up with him all night researching and getting the powerpoint together for the next day. seungmin noticed how often he yawned and how his blinking slowed, but minho refused to sleep until they were in the clear.

seungmin made an amazing grade on the presentation and bought minho dinner in thanks. minho just said he was glad seungmin was doing okay and jokingly told him to get a planner.

minho was the sweetest.

"okay..." seungmin nervously played with his fingers, "he was in so much p-pain. he said he needed one more night, so he only left this morning. i never wanted to hurt him like this."

minho nodded, rubbing circles on seungmin's hand with his thumb.

"you know hyunjin will be okay, right?"

seungmin looked up with glassy eyes to look at minho with a hopeful look.

"he will be. he's not going to just leave you forever, he was your best friend too. not just your boyfriend."

seungmin nodded with a small smile. minho was right of course, hyunjin is strong. they need time, but they'll be okay. if hyunjin doesnt want anything to do with him, he will accept it. but seungmin really hopes that hyunjin will become his best friend again.
_______
a/n: OKAY what ships would you like to see in future books? please let me know </3 and also! happy new year!! (not proofread)