thirty.

it was 8:45 the next morning and seungmin was about to leave the house. he put on a casual outfit because if he was honest, he was starting to feel nervous.

he knows it'll turn out fine, hyunjin initiated the meet-up so they're ready for this. it'll just be so different from before. they're completely platonic, and they haven't been that in years.

but this will be a good thing, it's better for them. before he knew it, it was 8:50 and he was rushing out the door. being late wouldn't be good, especially today.

he got to the coffee shop by 8:59 and knew exactly where hyunjin would be sitting. it was "their" spot. placed perfectly away from people, but the window still provided a beautiful view. seungmin and him spent countless mornings here, sipping coffee and talking.

"seungmin! you came."

"of course i did! did you think i'd bail on you?"

"hmmm, i mean i can be pretty intimidating." hyunjin did his best to put on a serious face, but he wasn't scaring anybody.

"pft, let's leave the intimidating face to minho." seungmin spoke too soon before he could stop himself. he paused and looked up with wide eyes before hyunjin broke out in laughter.

"you're right. he's not here yet you look freaked. what's up?"

"i didn't mean to bring him up."

hyunjin let out another laugh, this time a bit more fond.

"it's okay, i promise! i'm over it. i'm happy for you two. if anything, i want you to talk about your relationship. we're friends after all."

there was the reassurance seungmin was silently begging for. they're on the same page and everything was back to normal.

"thank you," seungmin gave a sincere smile before looking down at his coffee that hyunjin ordered him, "we're taking it slow. nothing official yet."

"seungmin..." hyunjin said, making seungmin look up with doe eyes, "with all due respect, i did not go through heartbreak for you to still be single."

seungmin laughed and shook his head, "we don't want to regret anything. we're practically dating already, but haven't said it explicitly."

"when do you want to put a label on it?" hyunjin asked before cursing when he took a sip of his scalding coffee.

"whenever it feels right, i suppose. what about you? anyone you like?" seungmin said before wiggling his eyebrows.

hyunjin rolled his eyes before whispering a "'maybe".

seungmin sat straighter in his seat and started repeatedly asking who it was.

"wouldn't you like to know, stink face."

"what the fuck does that even mean?" seungmin narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"i dunno, but it made you stop asking who~" hyunjin said with a smirk.

"yeah, whatever...smelly feet."

hyunjin choked on his coffee, desperately trying to stop himself from spewing it everywhere. he finally managed to swallow it before continuing to cough with a mixture of laughter.

"first of all," another cough, "fuck you. second of all, my feet do not smell. thank you."

seungmin giggled before making a "whatever you say" face. hyunjin gently kicked his leg under the table before glaring at him.

"oh yeah! minho-hyung was wondering if you were interested in talking stuff out? he doesn't want to reach out and make you uncomfortable." seungmin said with sudden seriousness.

hyunjin nodded and thought for a second.

"want to invite him over now? i was actually going to text him later. though he might feel less anxious if you're with him."

"really? i'll text him and see if he can."

mong mong
hey, hyunjin is wanting to talk to you
he said you can come rn
you don't have to, he'll just text you later if not

annoying bsf
coffee shop near your house, right?
i'll be there soon

mong mong
yes there
okay hyung
and don't worry, it'll be okay!

annoying bsf
thank you
<3

approximately ten minutes later, the bell on the coffee shop door rang and minho walked in.

the older looked visibly nervous, shaking hands and restless eyes. before he knew it, he heard the scooting of a chair and hyunjin embraced minho. what he wasn't expecting was minho hugging hyunjin back and letting out small whimpers.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry."

"shhh hyung, you're okay. i've already forgiven you."

that only made minho hold onto him tighter before hyunjin pulled away.

minho quickly wiped his face before glaring at the two of them for watching him so sweetly.

"i'll fight you if you don't stop looking at me like that." minho threatened, but his voice was soft and weak from crying.

they all laughed and hyunjin pulled minho to their spot.

"i didn't know you missed me that much, minho." hyunjin teased with a smirk.

"shut the fuck up...i did miss you though. i really am sorry. i was so mean to you, you didn't deserve that."

"you're right. however, i've thought about it and i forgive you. you're my bestest friend and you're not getting rid of me anytime soon." hyunjin said with sincerity.

"damn it. operation get-rid-of-hyunjin didn't work!" minho said jokingly and hyunjin punched him in the arm.

all three of them continued talking and catching up. it felt unbelievably natural and easy to fall back into their friendship. seungmin guessed it's because they all had time to heal and think things through.

in all honesty, seungmin is so impressed by hyunjin. he went through so much shit, and despite it being caused by minho and him, hyunjin still loved them. though they didn't deserve it after what they did, they truly appreciate it. hyunjin is so full of love.

finally they decided it was time to part ways, but with promises to hangout sometime soon. but what seungmin didn't see was hyunjin whispering in minho's ear before they left.

"hyung, secure your man. don't wait too long and regret it."

_____
a/n: please check out my new hyunsung book i just started! i intend on updating it regularly

and PLEASE yell at me in the comments or message me if i ever go this long without updating again 😭😭