9

"These pancakes weird dadda

"These pancakes weird dadda." Kiara's brows scrunch together as she hesitantly chomps the cut up chunks of pancake in her grasp.

Rowan and Kian had taken turns keeping an eye on their baby whilst whisking up some pancakes for the small princess.

Only to have her three year old self criticise them with no filter.

"Weird!" Kian repeats in a shocked tone.

"How come? They're yummy baby. We even put some syrup on!" He enthusiastically replies, hoping his positive tone will rub off on his judgemental daughter.

"They too fat dadda!" She sassily responds in a 'duh' tone.

The pair of brothers raise their eyebrows, glancing at one another in suprise of her ever growing attitude.

Perhaps their angelic toddler isn't always as perfect as she seems.

"Maybe her mamma used to make her crepe style pancakes? I think that's what they eat in England. I had some when I was down there shooting my movie a few months back." Rowan suggests as it all clicks in his head.

He makes a mental reminder to make a conscious effort to remember she grew up in a completely different part of the world.

They should both already be aware of such cultural differences even if the language isn't a barrier that effects them.

After all, their parents were both Irish and growing up they were taught snippets of Gaeilge. Irish traditions and culture was incorporated heavily into their childhoods by their parents. They celebrated Saint Patricks day every year so they should be aware of how different countries can be more so than any other American; even if they buried all that knowledge of the language alongside their parents once they passed away.

Rowan opens google on his phone, a habbit he hopes he doesn't have to refer to too often when it comes to relating to the small child although he isn't holding his breath.

He googles crepes and scrolls to find a good picture to show Kiara.

"Is this what your mamma used to make you munchkin?" Rowan asks, rounding the table and holding his phone out infront of the little girl.

"Yeh! Mamma's pancakes! With choccy spread!" She cheers, bouncing in her princess car seat, jostling the chair underneath it.

Rowan shuts his phone off and gives his younger brother a look that screams, 'see? I told you so.'

Kian crouches down on the opposite side of Kiara and holds up a new piece with a fork.

"These are daddy's special American style pancakes honey. I think you'll still like them if you try baby." He encourages her, whirling the fork around as he would if she were a babbling baby being fed mushed up carrots.