29

Three years

Three years. Three whole years of Raising Kiara.

I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday I was packing up my shit to do a runner after seeing those two lines on all those tests I'd taken.

I feel like after a successful three plus years on the run, I can finally start to breathe a little.

I think I've done it.

Found a safe place for us to settle.

I'm even considering enrolling her in nursery now so she can be a normal kid with lots of friends her own age.

She's a friendly ball of sunshine with a heart of gold and she already speaks two languages; brilliantly for her age might I add.

She'd do amazing in school I know it.

And once I start her there I could even think about enrolling her in some sort of dance class which I know she'd adore.

The moment she started dancing in front of that television she never stopped. And it isn't even something I've forced upon her, I haven't a graceful, smooth bone in my body.

My legs are made for kicking and my fists made for punching.

I have so much faith that I bought her ballet slippers, tap shoes and mini ballroom heels, just to give her the option, alongside matching costumes.

I cannot wait to see her reaction once I find a place for her.

And of course, only the best place for my raggio di sole.
(Sunshine)

I have some research to do...

The theme of todays party is the lion king at last.

Kiara begged for a 'dada' themed party since it's her 'favourite film' but that would be downright cruel of me.

So I went with the second best option which she was still utterly in love with.

She had Simba balloons and a Zazu piñata and we sung and danced to the songs while eating jelly worms all day long with the usual appearances from the only friends we have.

You'd disagree but I really think things are turning out for the best for us.

-Lucia and Kiara.