28

And just like that another year has flown by

It's unbelievable how fast time goes by when you're a parent.

One day you're changing nappy after nappy and the next thing you know they're telling you they need to go potty.

This year we're going all out on the snacks for her party because just like her mamma, she loves to eat. Her favourite food is pancakes no question and I may be to blame for that.

Remember the only food I ate during my pregnancy with her? That was probably her secretly influencing me. Little monkey. She always gets her own way.

The theme for this year is the classic, disney princesses.

Kiara loves to sing and dance to the likes of tangled and moana.

She grips onto her mini push chair for better balance and bends her chubby knees to the rhythm. My favourite sight to see.

So how could I not make it like a four dimensional experience for her.

It wasn't as lonely as it may seem either.

She's made friends with next door's grandchild and so they all popped in for a little visit around tea time.

And during the day, Abigail my midwife had come to visit for a check in, bringing one big present with her of course.

She still feels bad that we're on our own, so she's made it routine to be there for us on special occasions.

I can't complain. Sometimes I feel myself going crazy from the lack of adult conversation and interactions in my life.

Hellos with the postman just aren't cutting it anymore.

Most importantly of all, Kiara's new favourite film is one of your own Kian.

Now maybe I'm being despicable and torturing her by telling her who you are yet keeping you apart.

But it's part of my back up plan to keep her safe incase by some tragedy I can't anymore.

In which case you'll be reading these letters...

Yikes.

Obviously most things you partake in aren't particularly...kid friendly.

Let's just say it's a good job she enjoys seeing her daddy as a superhero. Her 'zio' too.

And that's pretty much her second year summed up. She's still adorable, as intelligent as ever and a babbling, toddling machine.

-Lucia and Kiara.

"Kiara... You have to eat all of your fruit if you want some desert." Rowan warns Kiara, a serious look in his eyes.