18

⚠️read chapter 16 then 17 first⚠️

When the lift's doors chime open a while later, Kian looks over his shoulder, his recovered and narrowed eyes focused on the two young boys he's usually elated to see

The younger of the two, Grayson,  is bouncing on his feet and rearing to go despite his long day playing with kids at his nursery. His wide dimply grin is visible from where the three adults are seated on the couches.

Jace has a similar cheeky and mischievous grin plastered on his face as he stands on the other side of his dad just barely containing his own excitement, dressed adorably in his private school's uniform.

As per their usual routine, Jace calls out for Kian whilst Gray calls out for 'Row', each boy barrelling full force towards their favourite Wiley brother and completely ignoring their mother.

"Ignore me, it's okay I'm used to it. This time I can replace you right back." Kelly smirks, shrugging her shoulders smugly and rising from her seat.

Harry gravitates to her side like usual with a lost, questioning expression.

"Oh you aren't ready for this one babe." Kelly starts with wide excited eyes as she lays her palm on her husband's upper arm.

"Kian just found out he has a long lost daughter." She breaks the news.

If Harry was drinking he would've choked on it then and there.

His head tilts forward just as his wife's had and his brows shoot up, a rare sight since the young man is such a laid back character that perfectly balances Kelly's craziness.

He begins to heartily chuckle at the news after taking a long moment to digest it which has the three thinking he's reaching the stage of denial.

Until he speaks up that is.

"Only you could accidentally knock up a one night stand at twenty two Kian." He laughs, shaking his head as though after some consideration, the thought didn't shock him at all.

"Well at eighteen technically. She's three just like Gray." Kelly corrects him, setting him straight back into a state of shock.

"Shit, really? And you only just found out?" Harry sputters, looking to Kian who has Jace clinging to his back like he's a human climbing frame.

"Yep." Kian comfirms.

"Which means me and you two rascals-" Kian reaches behind him to pat Jace on the head and tweaks Gray's ear with his other hand, "-might be about to fall out" he finishes honestly causing Kelly to shake her head and scoff.

"Why?" Jace innocently asks, tilting his head with wide, sad dark blue eyes.

"He was just joking baby, don't listen." Kelly cooes, stroking the back of her son's head assuringly.