🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅃🄷🅁🄴🄴 - 🄱🄻🅄🄴 🅂🄻🅄🅂🄷🄸🄴🅂

It was exhausting, as always.

His dad pushing him harder than the rest of the team, as usual, but Dream decided to not complain about it today, because he wasn't willing to listen to his dads 30 minute lecture after practice, cause then he wouldn't get to shower before seeing George again.

"ALRIGHT GUYS, THATS IT FOR TODAY, REMEMBER TO STRETCH AND WORK OUT. YOU KNOW, THE USUAL" 

Finally, he was allowed to leave.

Sapnap skated up next to him, while making their way off the ice.

"Finally dude, todays practice has felt like forever" Sap said under his breath.

"You don't say" They both started chuckling, making sure his dad didn't hear them. His dad never acknowledged him during practice, or ever really, but at this point Dream was used to it. He did have Nick after all, which he would forever be grateful for.

They all crammed together with their massive hockey gear in the locker room. Dream had always liked the locker rooms, even though it always smelled like sweat after a long days practice, it always created a special energy in the group. Though most of the boys ended up leaving before showering, since they could go home now.

Dream always had to stay a later on Wednesdays, since his dad got him to train technique with the younger kids, cause the other trainers were kinda expensive.

So Dream had to shower around strangers instead, cause the lockers were open to everyone now. Luckily the showers were in stalls, so there was still a bit of privacy. 

After closing the stall next to him, he dropped his towel and stepped under the piping hot water, which seemed to make him relax, not realizing how tense his muscles had been from practice today. The heat trickling down his body, and the steam filling his lungs, making them feel all heavy. This was the first moment of peace Dream had gotten in a while.

Before he noticing it, he checked the time on his watch, 3:45. OH SHIT, he's gotta meet George in fifteen minutes. What the hell happened to the time, it went so fucking fast. He'd been in there for a good 25 minutes.

He threw his towel round his waist and made his way to his locker before throwing on the same hoodie and loose jeans from this morning, spraying some deodorant and cologne, in hope of removing the stench of the locker rooms, before quickly grabbing his backpack and making his way to the rink cafe, constantly checking his watch, in hope of getting there before George, so he could look a bit more prepared.

So he clumsily tripped through the door frame, before crashing down at his favorite table, feeling relived over George didn't see his little fall, or at least he thought.

Dream felt a hand lightly land on his shoulder before turning around to see who it was.

"Hey, Number 16, was that little show for me?" George said laughing a bit, and taking a seat across from Dream.

"Very funny, but you weren't supposed to see that" Still laughing, looking down, so George didn't see his red cheeks.

"Well I did, and it was kinda adorable"

This was followed by an awkward silence of them making eye contact, and both blushing.

"You guys want anything to eat or drink?" The waiter, who had approached their table, finally broke the silence, luckily cause Dream knew he couldn't save that one himself. 

"Sure, what do you want George?" Dream said looking back at him.

"Ummm I dont know, can I just have a blue slushy?" 

"And I'll have the same, just put it on my tab" Giving the waiter a smile.

"Sure, I'll be back in a minute" The waiter said smiling back, and going behind the counter again.

"So what are you doing for the rest of the day?" George asked, trying to make conversation.

"Well, not that much. I've got technique training with the littles in half an hour, otherwise imma just head home and catch up on school work" 

"So your dads also got you on the full time skating schedule and after school work? I thought he would at least let his son chill for a bit" 

"I mean, it really sucks, but if skating ever goes wrong, then I have a second chance. So I just try to get it done, I'll gladly help you with it, if you want"

"Well, I dont think skatings ever gonna fail you, but I would gladly take you up on that school offer" Both of them started chuckling.

"You know, I've always been more of a red slushy kind of person" George said, looking at the blue beverage he had infront of him, half empty.

"Then why the hell did you order blue?" Dream said, and couldn't help but laughing.

"Cause I saw you get blue earlier at lunch, and the whole slushy color is very controversial" Dream brust out laughing, and so did George.

"George, trust me, a slushy color isn't gonna be what separates us" Both of the still laughing.

There was something about Georges laugh, which just melted his heart, it might have been his accent or the stupid smile, but it made Dream weak at the knees.

"So do you get any money for training the littles?" George said continuing the topic from before, snapping Dream back to reality.

"Technically no, I mean no payment or anything. My dad says its just a part of owning the rink, but I dont see it as a problem, the littles are pretty fun, when they behave" He said, trying not to lose himself in Georges eyes again.

"I mean, I dont have any plans for the rest of the day. So, if you want, I will gladly join you"

"I would love that" Dream mimicking the shorter boys british accent, which had them both chuckling.

"If you wanna stop by the changing rooms and grab your skates, then we should probably get going in the next ten to fifteen minutes."

"Sounds great" 

--------------------------------------------------------------

(word count: 1027)

A/N: 

short one again, so sorry.

remember to take care of yourselves <3