🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅂🄴🅅🄴🄽🅃🄴🄴🄽 - 🄵🄰🄲🄴🅃🄸🄼🄴

TW: abusive parents

Dream drove home, dreading the reaction he would get from his dad when he saw him the next time, wether that would be tonight or tomorrow morning when he showed up to training again. Either way, it would be bad.

He lay in his bed barely managing to fall asleep, in the fear of his dad bursting through the door. They hadn't talked since at the party, and things had only gone downhill from his fathers point of view since then. 

"Hey Dream, honey, it's time to get up!" His mom said poking her head in through the doorframe. Dream didn't know if he had even fallen asleep, but he still heaved himself up from the bed, mentally preparing himself for the day in front of him.

Everything continued as it used to, chef making omelette (instead of Georges 'pancakes') Monty waiting outside, the same dull car ride and the repetitive solo morning practice. 

Sapnap showed up 5 minutes before practice, knowing Dream would be there early, as usual. 

"Dude, where the hell were you yesterday? Your dad was so pissed" Nick said, barging through the locker room door and onto the ice to give Dream a hug, he had clearly been worried about his friend "I was scared he had done something to you again because of the party"

"I'm sorry, George checked on me in the morning, and asked me if I wanted to spend the day together, and I can't say no to him" Dream said, trying to desperately make his friend feel better about the whole situation.

"Yeah ok, I get it, I would do the same for Karl" Sapnap said, showing small amounts of empathy. "So did anything happen? Between the two of you" Nick added, quickly over the whole situation, now just curious since he mentioned George.

"Well yeah, we are official now" Dream said, grabbing the back of his sweaty neck, scared of how he would react.

"WOW really, you gotta help me, I'm scared to ask Karl. How did you do it?" Sapnap asked, sounding amazed by his friends courage, little did he know.

"I mean technically George asked me to ask him, but Sapnap trust me, I've seen the way Karl looks at you. He likes you back" Dream stated, grabbing both of Nick shoulders to make sure he got the message.

"OK BOYS, ON THE ICE. NO MESSING AROUND TODAY"  Dreams dad said, bursting through the doors. They made eye contact across the ice for a spilt second, before his father looked away.

They continued the whole day, his dad not even uttering a single word to him. It was as if he had just forgotten Dream existed, he had seen this kind of behavior before, but never for this long and this extreme. That was until the end of the afternoon classes.

"Dream, I want to see you in my office, 15 minutes" His dad said, duffle bag over his shoulder. Dream didn't even hesitate, he knew it would most likely be his only chance to play tomorrow. 

The entire duration of Dreams shower he was debating what would happen, since his dad showed absolutly no emotion before. 

He opened the orange industrial door to his office, finding his dad, sat menacingly on the other side of it. 

"Close the door behind you" He said, still stone cold. Dream slowly turning around to do so "I said NOW" 

Dream swiftly closed the door, his dad now perched over his desk, standing, gesturing to the seat. 

"Well, SIT"  Dream was now scared for his life. The door was never closed, he just didn't want his dad to hit him the day before the game, his performance would be clearly affected by it. 

"YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN RUIN YOUR DIET, SKIP PRACTICE, STEAL MY STAR FIGURE SKATER FOR A WHOLE DAY AND TAKE THE TRUCK WITHOUT ASKING???" Dreams dad barked, leaning further and further over the desk.

"SINCE WHEN HAS THIS BEEN THE CLAY SHOW?? GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR OWN ASS AND NOTICE THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU. I DON'T EVEN WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THE BOY, DONT EVER MENTION IT TO ME, EVER" There it was again, the toxic word. 

Clay. 

George really was the only one who could say it, without wanting to make him throw up on the spot. It was all because of the memories associated with the name. All the shoutings, the hitting, the cold restless nights where he would get locked outside. Yet with George, he would forget it all, and it would just be a slightly unique name.

His dad continued for a while, chipping away at Dreams small remaining bit of self worth, till he just felt like a waste of space and air. It wasn't a new feeling, but it was still as bad as when he was 7 or 12, in comparison to so many other things it never seemed to get better. 

Dream eventually got permission to leave his fathers office, physically unharmed. Mentally, wanting to dig himself into a hole and never leave it. 

By the time he got back to his locker to grab his bag, everyone else was gone, except the leisure skaters. So Dream grabbed his stuff, buying a cookie on his way out to Monty, in hope of using sugar to help himself instead of his usual remedies.

The car ride was worse than usual, he wanted to text George so bad, knowing George could help him in any situation. Eventually deciding not too, as he didn't want to be a burden in the caring brunette otherwise good afternoon. He swiftly made his way past his mom, not wanting to talk to the otherwise kinda lady knowing his dad had already talked to her about the whole thing.

He decided to crawl into his oh so well known corner of his room, drowning himself in sorrow. 

His phone lit up, a notification.

It was George.

The message read.

Hey 16, ;)

Your mum reached out to mine.

Apparently things aren't going too well.

I'm always here, don't worry about reaching out.

If you want to, we cam ft now?? <3

-Your Georgie

It was perfect, George was perfect.

Everything he could ever ask for, but not what he deserved.

Someone as shitty as him really shouldn't have someone as perfect as George.

But Dream replied hastily, and the two of them got on FaceTime, both lying on their beds. In the same bubble of serotonin as last night. That was the kinda thing George could do to him, it was as if his dad had never happened even though they didn't talk about it.

--------------------

(word count: 1109)

A/N:

Another update :)

Might stop the story soon, people aren't reading anymore ahaha

Remember you are important <3