Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Song for this Chapter: The New Year (Demo) by Death Cab for Cutie

Riley's Point of View

Students flocked to the exits of the room as the final bell rang, meaning we could go home.

Swinging my book bag over my shoulder, I picked my books up off the graffitied desk and made my way out of the classroom.

Making it out into the sea of rowdy students (whopping in excitement due to the fact it was Friday) in the hallway, I was constantly slammed into.

Raising my arms to my head, I turned to avoid slamming into a kid I didn't get to see the face of.

A girl slammed into my arm, hitting the arm that was carrying all my books.

I watched as they crashed to the floor, the noise being drowned out by that of the loud hallways.

"My bad." The same blonde who made me drop all my books bent down to help me pick them up.

By the time all my books were picked up, the hallways had cleared to a few kids at their lockers.

We stood back to our feet as she handed me the books.

"Thanks." I said, taking the books from her hands.

"It was my fault, no need to thank me." She smiled.

She stuck her hand out, "I'm Blake, nice to meet you."

I shook her hand, "Riley."

"Nice to meet you Riley. You going to the party at Jack's house tonight? Heard it's going to be epic."

I had heard about that party but Jack didn't even know I exist so I of course wasn't invited. Jack High threw the coolest parties, everyone wanted to be invited. He was the most popular guy in school so that explains why he never tried to talk to me.

"I wasn't invited." I shifted my books to rest against my hip.

"Well consider this me inviting you." Blake smiled.

I stared at her, "You know, just because you slammed into me in the hallway doesn't mean you have to invite me to a party."

"I'm not inviting you for that, you seem cool." She explained.

"Blake!" Someone waved her over from down the hall, I couldn't see their face but by the deepness of their voice, I could tell it was a guy.

"I'm coming!" She screamed back at him. Pulling a marker from a pocket of her leather jacket, she wrote numbers on my hand.

"Here's my number. Text me your address and I'll pick you up. Party's at 9 and dress casually but not too casually." She rushed out before speeding down the hall. I guess I'm going to a party.

---Later---

I brushed my hands over my outfit once again. I was completely out of my comfort zone.

My black jeans were skin tight, my shirt was sleeveless and white and lacy, my shoes were sky high black pumps and I dug around in my closet for my old leather jacket.

I had straightened and curled my hair slightly (earning several blisters on my fingers in the process) and smeared makeup on my face. I had gotten it a few years ago. Pieces such as mascara, liquid eyeliner, foundation, powder, and blush were in my small collection.

I heard three strong knocks on my window.

Brushing my hands over my outfit choice one last time, I nodded to myself and made my way over to the window.