Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Song for this Chapter: So Sick by Ne-Yo

Riley's Point of View:

I woke up to my nose being blocked by something. I snapped my eyes open to see nothing there. I coughed and sneezed, making my already sore throat ablaze in a painful fire-like feeling.

I kept sneezing and coughing. "Ah man!" I screamed, throwing a pillow across the room.

I'm sick.

I haven't been sick for as long as I can remember.

I got out of bed and immediately felt cold, regardless of the fact I was wearing black fluffy pajama pants with white polka dots and a gray T-shirt.

I walked over to my closet and picked out a huge white sweat-shirt and put on fluffy black slippers.

I was still cold.

I took my white comforter off my bed and slung it around my shoulders, walking to my door and opening it.

I shuffled down the hallway and walked into the kitchen where all the boys were fully dressed and eating pancakes that Felix had made.

He was still standing by the stove, with an apron wrapped around his waist and flipping a pancake.

He walked up to me."Woah Rudolph, why did you run away from Santa Clause?" he joked, poking my probably ruby-red nose.

I stayed silent, my throat too sore to speak.

"No sassy response? Are you feeling okay?" Felix pressed the back his hand to my forehead.

"Your burning up! Guys, get the thermometer, a pack of ice and a bottle of water. Riles follow me to the living room, you have to lay down on the couch." he instructed.

"But I don't want to move." I complained. In one swift movement Felix picked me up bridal style, one arm and under my kneecaps and the other slung across my upper back.

He took long strides to the living room, laying me down on the couch and sitting near my head as we waited for the other boys to come in.

Less than thirty seconds later Omar came barreling into the room, his arms full with three water bottles, two ice packs and he had somehow managed to balance the thermometer in between his nose and his lips.

He lowered his face, Felix snatching the thermometer from his face as he dumped all the supplies Felix had told him to fetch on the coffee table. OG and Oscar ran into the living room with two blankets each right as Felix had placed the thermometer in my mouth and under my tongue.

Oscar and OG had walked over to tuck me into the blankets. By the time they were done, I couldn't move my arms. I probably looked like a human-sized burrito.

Two minutes later the thermometer beeped and Felix pulled it out of mouth, observing the tiny screen.

His eyes widened and he showed the other boys, their eyes widening as soon as they got a glimpse of the screen.

"Am I going to die?" I asked.

"No. But your fever is extremely high." Felix said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"103 degrees Fahrenheit." he replied.

My eyes widened. "That's like two degrees away from needing to go to the hospital!"

"IT IS?! SO WHAT ARE WE SITTING HERE FOR LETS TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!" OG screamed.

"I agree with OG. I'll carry her to the car." Oscar said, walking towards me.

"Wait. We should keep her here because if her fever doesn't reach 105 degrees the hospital can't do anything for her." Felix explained.

They nodded, OG still seeming like he wanted to take me to the hospital.

We sat in silence until I remembered that they were all up early and dressed nicely, which they've never done for as long as I've known them.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked, my voice coming out scratchy and low.

"Well we were going to go to the park to shoot some footage for our new music video but now that your sick we are staying here with you." Omar said.

"No no no no no. Your going to do your music video thing. Don't let me stop you. I'll be fine I can take care of myself for a few hours." I said.

"There is no way we are leaving you here alone Riles." Felix said.

"But-" I started.

"No 'buts'." OG said.

"Wait. Why do all of you have to stay? I mean, since you won't let me stay alone, which I am perfectly capable of doing by the way, then why doesn't only one of you stay behind?" I asked.

"I'll stay." they all volunteered.

"I'm staying." Felix said. "Why you? Im her brother." OG argued.

"That's true. But, they need footage of all of you flipping for the video, they already have extra footage of me flipping. Plus, I'm sure none of you idiots know how to actually care for a sick person." he said.

"You take care of me, Omar and OG when we get a tiny cold ONE time and your suddenly the doctor of the house. Let that goooo." Oscar said.

Omar smiled widely. OG covered his mouth. "Don't even think about it." he said. Omar bit his hand causing him to pull his hand back and hiss in pain.

"Let it goooo! Let it goooo! Can't hold it back anymore! Let it goooo! Let it gooo! That perfect girl is gone! I don't care what they're going to say! Let the storm rage onnnnnnnnn!!! The cold never bothered me anyway." Omar sang.

"Ya done?" Oscar asked, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

"I'm done." Omar smiled even wider at the fact he had just irritated all the guys. You go Omar, I thought to myself, don't let anyone dull your sparkle.

"Anyways, I am going to stay. You guys better get a move on or your going to be late." Felix said, smirking.

They all mumbled something under their breathes before saying goodbye and walking out the front door.

"Okay. So what do you want to do?" Felix asked. "Watch a movie?" I suggested, the more talking I did the more I lost my voice.

"Fine but no romantic comedy." he said and I simply nodded.

He walked over to the DVD shelf and looked over the selections. "Action movie?" he asked. I nodded once again and he pulled out a DVD, put it into the disc player, sat down, pressed play and the movie credits rolled in.

Authors note:

Sorry it's so short and boring but this chapter was needed in order for the next chapter to make sense. Next chapter will either be up later today or tomorrow. Love you guys!

Vote

Comment

Read

-Kat