Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Song for this Chapter: Casual Affair by Panic! At the Disco

Riley's Point of View

I followed behind Oscar on the way home.

I didn't know why I nodded but I was glad I did. It was my involuntary way of admitting to myself that I had feelings for someone. And I think I had a good idea who that someone was.

We had finally arrived at the door of the complex. I had thought it over the whole way home.

I knew darn well who was the cause of my nod. I'll give you a hint, he's a moron and his name starts with an F.

I finally decided on what I was to do. After getting to the apartment, I would find Felix and tell him how I felt about him.

"Here, take the key and go upstairs. I'm going to get the mail." Oscar handed me the key to the apartment and walked off.

I quickly made my way to the elevator. The whole ride up I felt as if butterflies on a sugar high were flying around in my stomach.

With shaky fingers, I pressed the key into the lock and jiggled it until it finally unlocked. Pushing the door open, I walked in and shut it behind me.

"Felix!" I called, walking into the living room, "I have something to tell-" I stopped dead at what I saw.

I froze as he yanked his lips away from hers.

"Riley!" He exclaimed, the girl's red lipstick all over his lips.

"Hi Felix." I said, faking a smile at the end.

He stared widely at me before snapping back into reality.

"Right! Riley, this is Ivory. Ivory, this is Riley." He introduced us.

Ivory immediately jumped up and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "It's so good to finally meet you! Oh my goodness your even lovelier in person!"

For such a skinny girl, she sure did have some muscle on her.

Once she pulled away, I took the time to look over her appearance.

She was an extremely petite girl, so skinny she looked like you could snap her in half. She was very pale, with soft brown eyes and wild blonde hair.

Her outfit stood out the most. She was wearing a lacy, floral blouse that would've fit anyone else tightly but was extremely baggy on her, paired with a floral black skirt that ended at her ankles and strappy, black, low heels. She wore white eye shadow and red lipstick, also.

"It's so nice to meet you Riley!" She had a British accent, and a very, very high voice. She was perkier that a daisy.

I just stared at her, wondering how someone who just ripped someone else's heart out could be so happy.

Realizing she wasn't going to get a response out of me, she sat back down on the couch next to Felix with that goofy grin still plastered across her face.

"Riley, Ivory is my...uhh...she's my...um...she's-"

"I'm his girlfriend." She cut him off perkily.

"That's the word." He chuckled lightly, trying to add humor to this conversation.

I found nothing funny about an aching heart.

"Right, well have fun you two. See you around." I tossed the keys on the coffee table and walked off calmly to my room.

Once the door was shut, I slumped against it.

Bringing my hand to my mouth, I sobbed so violently my shoulders shook as I slid down the door into a sitting position. I brought my knees forward, hiding my face in them as I continued to cry. My hair formed a curtain of despair around my entire head.

Wiping my eyes, I stood to my feet and took sharp breaths as I continued to sob.

Yanking open the drawer, I pulled out my pack of cigarettes and lighter. I dumped them on my bed and dropped to my knees on the ground.

I pulled out a bottle of beer from a six back I had gotten a few weeks ago.

I laid down on my bed and placed the cigarette in my mouth.

Placing the flame of the silver lighter to the tip, I inhaled the smoke and threw the now flame-less lighter to my bedside table.

I popped the beer open and took a swig. I finished my first cigarette so I pulled out another, then another, then another, each making my pain numb more and more.

I had only drank one beer, I didn't feel like puking my guts up again, but I did smoke four cigarettes before falling asleep on my tear-soaked pillow.

Felix's Point of View

I saw the pain in her eyes but I didn't know why. It's not like she cared about me. But that look in her eye, it made me think otherwise.

My heart stung at the thought of me putting her through any sort of pain. To get my mind off it, I firmly paced my lips to Ivory's, making her giggle.

I closed my eyes tightly. Not because I wanted to savor her kiss, but because I had to imagine she was Riley in order to not puke my guts up.

Don't get me wrong, Ivory was a beautiful girl. She was beautiful, but she wasn't Riley. And it sickened me to think of myself having a relationship with anyone but Riley.

I pulled away, breathless and grieving. I didn't want to open my eyes, knowing I kissed another female that wasn't Riley made my heart ache.

I reluctantly opened my eyes to see Ebony's wide smile.

"Wow." she said perkily.

"Yeah, wow." I muttered blankly, refusing to meet her eyes.

"Well, I better get going. It's my turn to make dinner for my roommate and I." She grabbed her purse and made her way to the front door.

"See you later." I said, staring blankly at the floor.

"Bye." She giggled, closing the door behind her.

I lost track of time, just staring at that same area of carpeted floor.

Coming back to my senses, I decided to check on Riley.

I made my way to the door and slowly creeped it open.

As it fully opened, I looked to see Riley sleeping peacefully on her bed.

Smiling, I walked closer. The smile on my face dropped, along with my heart, as I saw her pillow soaked with tears, a trail of makeup running down her face, cigarette butts surrounding her and an empty beer bottle in her hand.

I took the bottle and placed it on the bedside table. I also collected the cigarette butts and placed them on her bedside table.

She was turned on her side, her back to me as I Iaid down and wrapped my arm around her skinny waist.

"You don't even know how crazy about you I really am." I said, placing a kiss to her forehead, then cheek, then nose.

I hesitated a moment before I kissed her lips but then proceeded to do so.

She tasted like cigarette smoke and grief. But I still had trouble pulling away from her lips. She slept through the whole thing.

Pulling my lips away from her face, I buried my face in the crook of her neck and breathed in her scent of vanilla and cherry blossoms.

"I love you, more than you'll ever know." I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

----------------------------------------

Picture of Ivory, Ivory's outfit and Riley on the side.