Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Song for this Chapter: River Flows in You by Yiruma

Riley's Point of View

"Your so hot." I whispered to my soup as I pulled it out of the microwave.

I heard someone laugh from behind me. "Please don't tell me your talking to your food." Felix said. "Pshh nooo" I lied, grabbing a spoon from the drawer and placing a couple crackers on the side of my plate.

I sat down and Felix reached for a cracker. I slapped his hand away and hunched over my soup, putting my arms on either side of the bowl.

"My food." I glared at him. He laughed. "Woah calm yourself. Fine keep your soup and crackers, I'll make my own food." He said, walking to the cabinet.

He ended up sitting down across from me with a box of chocolates. "Really? That's what you consider food?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "Yes I do." He smiled, his mouth stuffed with at least 5 pieces.

I finished my food so I cleaned the dish then put it away. Felix put his food away then walked back over to me. "Need help unpacking your room?" He asked. "Yeah that would be great thanks." I replied.

He followed me down the hall. I opened my bedroom door and walked in, carefully avoiding the box in front of the door. It turns out my adoption parents have been planning this with OG for a while because they've been sending boxes of my stuff over here for about two moths. I thought my stuff was going missing. My adoption mom told me I was going crazy.

We got the few last boxes of my stuff today so now my old room at home must be completely empty.

Felix didn't see the box in front of the door in time and tripped over it, falling to the floor and landing on his stomach. "Oh yeah. Watch your step." I said. "Now you tell me." He mumbled as he pushed himself up.

Once he stood up he looked around. "Okay. What do you want me to do?" He asked. "Ummm....Go unpack that box" I pointed at a box near the windowsill.

He nodded and marched off to unpack the box I pointed to. I turned to the box with all my posters and started taping them up on the wall. The 1975, Paramore, Coldplay, Panic! At the Disco, Yiruma, Arctic Monkeys, The Neighbourhood, Snow Patrol, Five Seconds of Summer and Ed Sheeran.

"Who's that?" Felix asked, pointing to the poster of Yiruma. "He's my favorite piano player of all time. He inspired me to learn how to play piano." I replied, observing the posters for any lose edges. "You play piano?" He asked. "Sort of." I replied.

"Follow me." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my room and down the hall, into the living room and over to the piano. "Play." he smiled at me. "No way." I replied.

"Please."

"No."

"Pleasssee" he pleaded.

"No." I replied.

"PLEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE" he exclaimed in my ear.

"Okay okay! Just stop screaming gosh." I sighed. "Yes!" he screamed, pumping his fist in the air.

I sat down and tied my hair in a low bun like I always did before I played. I opened up the lid of the piano and placed my fingers in the correct position.

I closed my eyes and began to play River Flows in You by Yiruma, the first song I ever learned to play.

I pretended that I was alone in my room, my fingers gliding over the keys and not missing a single note of the song.

I finished the song and opened my eyes to see all four of the boys standing there staring at me with their jaws hanging open.

Omar started clapping, followed by the rest of them. "When did you guys get here?" I asked them. "We heard someone playing so we wanted to see who. I didn't know you played." OG said, pointing to the piano. I shrugged. "I taught myself when I was younger." I said.

"Your like a professional!" Omar exclaimed. I laughed. "Not really." I chuckled.

"Have you written any of your own songs?" Oscar asked. "No. I've been working on one though. But it's not finished." I replied. "Play it now!" Felix exclaimed. "Its not finished. I'll play it when I finish it okay?" I asked and they nodded.

After a few minutes Oscar, OG and Omar returned to what they were doing and me and Felix were back to unpacking my room.

"Who's this?" he asked, holding a picture frame in front of me. In it was a picture of me on a baby swing in a park. When I was younger, I used to have platinum blonde hair but it turned brown as I got older, that's why I have natural blonde highlights in my hair.

"That's me." I replied. "You used to be so cute! What happened?" he asked, chuckling at his own joke. "Haha very funny." I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that crept up onto my face.

"Hey look there's OG." he said, pointing to a kid behind me, his face half blocked because he was pushing the swing I was on from behind. I took the frame from his hands and looked at the picture. I never noticed him in the picture. I thought it was some kid running by while the picture was being taken.

I smiled at the huge, toothless smile on my face as I swung back and forth. "I remember that. I used to call you toothless because you would smile constantly but you had no teeth." OG laughed from the doorway. I smiled and chuckled. "Do you guys need help with anything?" he asked. "Yeah actually can you both help me hang up these lights?" I asked, grabbing my white Christmas lights to hang over my bed.

Felix and OG nodded, walking over to where I was standing with the lights. "Okay so I'm going to stand in the middle and you guys stand on either side and tape up your side when you get the tape." I said and they nodded. I stood up on my bed, Felix standing on the left and OG standing on the right. We each taped up our side of the lights and walked away from the wall.

"Thanks" I said to them. "No problem" the replied. "We are playing a video game if you guys wanna join us." OG said. "What game?" I asked. "Black Ops" he replied. "Yes lets go!" I replied, running out of my room and to the game room. I heard laughter and footsteps behind me as I ran into the game room and plopped down in a blue bean bag chair next to Oscar.