Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Song for this Chapter: Wonderwall by Oasis

Riley's Point of View

"Wait, what was number 10 again?" Ash asked as he stole a cookie from my lunch tray, causing me to whack his hand and making him drop it.

"I already told you 5 times. Here's an idea, do your own homework. And here's another idea, do your homework the night before not the hour before it's due." Jasmine rolled her eyes, biting into her hamburger.

"What's the fun in that?" Ash asked, raising an eyebrow as he blew the dirt off the cookie and popped it in his mouth.

"Ew! That's nasty! They haven't cleaned these tables for like five years!" Adelaide screamed, scrunching her face up in disgust.

"Five second rule." I shrugged. "See? Riley gets it." Ash gestured to me.

"'Sup losers?" Alyssa asked as she plopped her lunch tray down next to me and sat down.

"More cookies!" Ash squealed happily, reaching for one of her five chocolate chip cookies.

She narrowed her eyes and jabbed her pointer finger in his direction. "Don't even think about it, pretty boy."

Ash raised his hands in defense before mumbling something and taking a chomp out of his pizza. He looked back down at his math homework, scrunching his nose up in concentration and lowering his eyebrows in confusion as he tapped the tip of his pencil on the lunch table.

"Ugh! Shut up I'm trying to read!" Jasmine screamed, closing her book and grabbing the pencil from his hand, chucking it to other side of the cafeteria.

"That was my last pencil!" Ash exclaimed, turning to glare at his sister.

Jasmine smirked and shrugged. Ash rolled his eyes at her and yanked his book bag up from the floor, beginning to rummage through it in search of a stupid pencil.

A few moments later, a boy that looked like he was about a year or two older than us came over to the table.

He was tall, shoulders broad, hair a dark brown color, eyes as black as the midnight sky and a tan complexion.

"Um, I think this belongs to you." He chuckled, handing the pencil to a slightly blushing Jasmine.

She took the pencil from him shyly. Ash grabbed the pencil from her grasp and returned to his homework, seeing that the bell was about to ring.

"I'm Noah. Nice to meet you." He smiled, shaking Jasmine's hand.

"I-I-I'm...ugh...m-m-my
n-name....um...ugh," Jasmine stuttered, looking into his coal-black eyes.

"Jasmine, you moron, your name is Jasmine." Ash rolled his eyes, not turning his attention to a rosy red faced Jasmine and a chuckling Noah, as he called himself.

The bell that was the signal for us to get to class rang, students all around us bouncing out of their seats and rushing to the cafeteria doors in hopes of beating the rush.

We got out of our seats, picking our bags up off the ground and slinging them over our shoulders as we made our way to the secret exit in the kitchen the lunch lady lets us use to beat the rush (she's Jasmine's and Ash's aunt).

As I slammed my shoulder into the double doors, catching it after Ash had held it open for me, I looked back to see Jasmine and Noah still talking.

"EYYO LOVEBIRDS! LETS GOOO!" I screamed at them. Noah laughed while Jasmine gave me a death glare. Smiling, I blew a kiss in her direction before exiting the cafeteria and scurrying down the hall to my locker to get my music book for class.