Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Song for this Chapter: Hey Brother by Avicii

Riley's Point of View:

"Riles." Someone whispered in my ear. I groaned, burying my face into my pillow and turning over onto my stomach.

"Rileyyyyy." The person tapped me.

"This is taking too long. Wakey Wakey Riley!" Someone ripped my white comforter from my body, exposing me to the cold air.

I groaned yet again.

"WAKE UP!" I recognized the voice as Felix's. I ignored him. That was until I felt my body being yanked off the bed by my feet.

I shot my eyes open just as my bum came in contact with the floor at the foot of the bed.

"Felix!" I screamed at his laughing figure.

Looking around the room, I saw Omar standing by my headboard, shaking his head.

"I tried to lock him out so he wouldn't wake you up like that Riles. Sorry." He said sheepishly.

I chuckled, "It's not your fault he's an idiot, Omar."

"Hey! I heard that!" Felix stopped laughing to act offended.

I crawled back into my bed, pulling the thin white sheet over my head on to have Felix yank it off again.

"Quit it!" My demand was muffled by the pillow I placed over my head.

"You have to get up!" Felix cheered happily.

"I'm sick, no school for me today."

"Get up! Omar already left to get breakfast ready." He exclaimed.

I didn't move.

"Alright then." He threw me over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I screamed.

"Put. Me. Down!"

"I command you to stop!"

He ignored my cries of protest and continued to carry my down the hall to the kitchen.

I huffed, crossing my arms and scowling as he placed me down in a kitchen chair and Omar placed a bowl of cereal in front of me.

Rubbing my eyes, I looked at the clock on the microwave.

7:30. We had to be at school by 8:15.

See if I cared even a little bit about school, I might rush. I don't so I didn't.

I finished eating by 7:35. Omar and Felix were already dressed and ready to go so they took their sweet time eating.

Making my way down the hallway, I opened my bedroom door and entered.

After shutting it behind me, I walked over to my closet.

I pulled out a pair of acid wash boyfriend jeans, black doc martens, a black muscle shirt, and a leather-sweater jacket.

After pulling on my clothes, I picked up my plain black jansport book bag and threw my frizzy hair in a simple side braid.

Slinging one strap over my shoulder, I grabbed my phone from the night stand and made my way to the entry way where Omar and Felix were pulling on their shoes and jackets.

7:40. Plenty of time to get to school.

I was the first one out the door, already holding the doors of the elevator as the two of them sprinted down the hall, their backpacks bobbing up and down behind their heads.