Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Song for this Chapter: Words As Weapons (US Version) by Birdy

Riley's Point of View

"Riles come on! I need to go to the food court, I'm dying out here!" Felix called from the outside of the dressing room. He wasn't allowed to come in.

"I'll be out in a second! Hold on!" I screamed back, slipping my legs into the purple satin dress.

Oscar had asked me out on a date and said that it was a fancy occasion. I needed a dress and had asked Felix to come to the mall with me because he was probably the most honest of all my friends and I could depend on him on telling me his honest opinion. Plus he was the only person with a way of transportation.

After pulling the straps over my shoulders, I realized there was a problem.

"Um...Felix?"

"Wassup?" He asked from a distance.

"I need help."

I heard him beg the lady at the entrance to the hall holding all of the dressing rooms to let him in.

After hearing that he needed to help me, she finally let me in.

He knocked on the door.

"Riles?"

I opened the door, "I need you to zip this."

The whole entire back of the dress was open, the zipper being right above my bum.

He nodded and I turned around.

"Riles?" He asked.

"Mhm."

"Have you lost weight?"

"Yeah, thanks for noticing." I smiled nervously.

He noticed something was up but he didn't push the conversation any farther.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I hadn't eaten for two weeks and when I did eat it would be little consumptions of fruit and vegetables. The day before I had a celery stick. That day at the mall was my fast day where I couldn't eat anything.

He zipped the dress up, his fingers softly and quickly trailing over the back of my neck.

I turned to face him, "What do you think?"

"It's...uh...um...uh...." He struggles for words.

"You hate it, don't you?"

"No! It's...um...very...uh, flattering."

"Flattering?" I laughed.

"Hey." He pouted, crossing his arms.

I laughed at his facial expression and turned back to the mirror.

I brushed my palms over the sides of the dress, turning to observe the sides of the dress.

I smiled, taking in my appearance.

"I like it." I smiled.

"Wait! Hold on!" Felix dashed out of the dressing room.

He came back a minute later with a pair of heels in his hands.

He smiled, handing them to me.

I slipped them on. They were open heels and with gold beads imbedded into them. They went perfectly with the dress.

I turned to him and pulled him into a bone-brushing hug, my arms around his neck.

At first, he was stunned. Then, he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder.