3

Alli
"Well don't worry, I'm not here to hurt anyone. Just tired of being alone really." I told him my reasoning and he looked intrigued "How long have you been on your own?" He asks and I think about it for a few seconds "I can't say for sure, but probably between two or three years, I was alone about two weeks into this whole thing." I explain, I saw a bit of sympathy flash in his eyes. "I assume Carl asked you the three questions." He states and I give a nod "yeah, he did" I wasn't sure how to elaborate on this, I was never one for making conversation. "Well, you seem trustworthy enough. I'll have Carl find you a cell, I'll be locking it the first few nights if that's alright, just to play it safe." He explains "Yeah, that's fine." I understood why he'd do this, if I were in his shoes I'd do the same thing.

"Well, Carl should be in his cell, he can find you an empty one to stay in." He flashed a smile, then extended his hand for me to shake it, so I did. "Thank you." I say, hinting a bit of enthusiasm into my voice as I left the cell.

Carl
I listened to my dad and Alli talking, she seemed to be making a good enough impression on him. She was done talking to him within ten minutes then, I heard her footsteps coming towards my cell. She opens the curtain and I grin at her "Seems like it went well." I tell her and she laughs "hopefully, your dad said you'd find me a cell?" She asks and I stand up "Yeah, come on." I motioned for her to follow me as I left my cell.

I look around, seeing a few empty ones, then spotting the one beside mine "You can take this one" I motion to it "that way, if you need any help then I'm right next door." I gave a friendly smile towards her, seeing her cheeks turn a light shade of pink "Okay, thanks." She says, walking into the cell, then I went back to mine.

Alli
I sat on the bunk bed that was inside of the cell, looking around the room. It looked nice, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The door had a blue floral curtain and there were a few blankets that were folded and placed on the top bunk. This whole camp was impressive, if I remember correctly this place was completely filled with walkers last year. I passed it on a few runs, but it was always walker infested, and I knew I couldn't take on that many by myself.

These people are strong, maybe I haven't seen much yet, but it's obvious. I'm just glad that I'm with them now, I'd hate to be the group that's against these people. A girl peeked her head through the curtain "Hi, sorry-um you can't exactly knock here, I figured I should introduce myself" she chuckles and I return a small laugh "No problem, I'm Alli" "Beth". Beth had blonde hair, pulled up into a ponytail, she was close to my height, and had a welcoming smile on her face. I could tell that friendliness was in her nature.

She stood in the doorway "I was thinkin'" she had a southern drawl in her voice "you might want someone to show you around the prison, it's pretty big." She laughed again and I nodded "Yeah, that'd be great, thanks." I stood up, following her out of the cell. Carl was walking towards us. "Oh hey, I was just coming to ask if you wanted a tour." He said and Beth shook her head at him "beat you to it" she told him and he raised his eyebrows "okay, then I'll just come with you." He laughed, walking beside me as we began to go through the cell block.

"The block seems big by itself, but it's really only the housing, most everything is outside." Beth explains as we walk outside. She motioned to the fences "We have people stabbin' walkers there everyday, lots of people just trade off jobs, and over there" she pointed to where a few targets were set up "we do target practice, hardly even with guns though, wouldn't wanna waste bullets." I kept following where she pointed, listening to her descriptions, she was right though, this place is huge.

"We grow crops over there." Carl cut into the conversation, pointing to a garden and an animal pen. "And in summers we eat here." He said motioning to a bunch of picnic tables and a serving area "I guess that's it." Beth shrugged "Carl, you can show her anything else you want, I told Rick I'd watch Judith." She waved as she walked away.

"Who's Judith?" I ask, just out of curiosity and I saw a smile come to his face "she's my baby sister." He seemed happy as he said it. "Oh cool, she must've been born after the walkers took over then." I stated, it was more like a question though. His expression dropped a bit "Yeah...she um- she was born here a few months ago." His voice seemed a bit upset now, something must've happened to him when she was born.

I was about to say something when he shook his head "sorry, I- my mom, she died when Judith was born. Talking about it just...brings it back I guess." He was trying to change his voice back to a happier tone. "I'm sorry, about your mom" I could hear the sympathy in my voice, remembering when I'd lost my mom, I understood what he was feeling. It's all just so...unfair.

He shook his head again "anyways, we should probably head back to the cell block." He suggests, scratching the back of his neck "Yeah, we probably should." I agreed and followed him as he walked towards C block.