4

Playlist:
Born to Die~ Lana del Ray

Alli
By the time we walked back to the cell block, people were all gathering for dinner. "The cafeteria's this way, we normally eat dinner there since it gets dark outside" he explains as we walk down the hall. They were serving some kind of soup for dinner, there were a lot of styrofoam bowls. "I'll grab you a bowl just save my spot." Carl flashed me a smile, his blue eyes glinted in the light.

I sat beside Beth, keeping the other seat that was next to me open for Carl, he seems really nice, I'm glad that him and Beth have been showing me around. He came back, placing the bowl in front of me, then sitting next to me "thanks." I say and he nods "welcome." The soup was pretty good, it was nice having warm food, I never cooked much on my own, fires draw a lot of attention. I never bothered with one unless it was freezing cold.

I finished dinner and Carl brought me back to my cell, it's gonna take me a little while to figure out how to get around here. "Do you wanna hang out for a little bit or something?" He asked as we approached my cell "Yeah, what do you wanna do?" I ask him and he shrugs "I've got a few comics in my cell, if you're into those" he suggests, I felt a tinge of excitement run through me as he said this "yeah, I love comics." I replied, seeing another grin come to his face "awesome".

Carl
Alli and I sat on my bed reading comics, she was out laid on her stomach on the top bunk, I was on the bottom. "I'm surprised that you haven't read comics for so long, I thought that you out of all people would find some." I chuckle and she let out a laugh "You'd think. I guess I just forgot about them for a while, I've been so focused on just staying alive, even if I did have a lot of supplies." She gave a brief explanation.

  "Well, you're free to borrow mine whenever you want, even if I don't have that many." I offer and she pokes her head down from the top "seriously?" She asks, the slight curls of her hair were hanging below her head as she did this "Yeah, I mean we're friends now" I told her, seeing the pink tint come to her cheeks again, but it might've been from hanging upside down.

"Well, thanks" the smile remained on her face, putting little crinkles in the corners of her dark blue eyes. I hadn't noticed her eyes much until now, they were so intricate, like a night sky that was filled with a million tiny stars. I looked away from her for a moment, getting my train of thought back "you wanna see something cool?" I ask and she pulls her head back onto the top bunk "yeah".

She seemed pretty interested "I can't show you right now" I lowered my voice to a whisper "but once everyone's asleep, I'll come get you". She seemed pretty intrigued by this, it made her come down from the top bunk. She sat beside me now "alright, sounds cool, just don't try to kill me or anything." She said the last part sarcastically, so I laughed "don't worry, I won't".

Alli
I left Carl's room after another hour or two, we had just been talking after we read a few more comics. He's really nice, I'm excited to get to know him better, I always have a way of knowing when someone has an interesting story, and I could tell that Carl had a great one. There were just so many little mysteries hidden in him, like that sheriff hat, I didn't ask about it yet, but I know that it must have a good story behind it.

I laid in my bed smiling, I wasn't quite sure why, but I was. I couldn't describe what I was feeling, but I liked it. Carl kept popping into my head as I laid there, I kept imagining his eyes mostly, even if that sounds odd. They just caught attention so quickly, his eyes were such a bright blue, an icy color. I stayed quiet for a while, listening as everyone in the cell block went to bed, Carl came in about an hour after everything went silent, just being safe I guess.

He came into my cell, tapping my shoulder, his finger was over his lips, telling me to be quiet as we left. He held my hand as we walked, it was dark after all, and he knew his way around. We had gone into the courtyard and he was leading me around the backside of the fence, no walkers were crowded there. "So we're gonna have to climb" he whispered and I nodded, I'm not really sure where we're going, but something was just telling me that I should trust him. I had my knife tucked into its case that was in my waistband.

Carl climbed the gate first, easily, then motioned for me to come over. It took a bit more effort than it did for him, but I made it over without any problems. "It's not far at all, I promise" he kept his voice in a whisper as we began to walk. We had only walked for a few minutes when we came to another fence, when we climbed over, I noticed a house, it looked fairly big.

"There's a lot of stuff in these fences, but I think you should see the house first." His voice was still in a whisper since there were walkers outside of the fences. I followed him into the house, it was nice, it seemed untouched, he probably came here often. "How does the group not know about this?" I ask and he shrugs "they know it's here, but we already scavenged through it, they just don't know I come here." He explained as I started to look around.

"No way" I smiled, walking closer to the piano in the corner of the room "you play?" Carl asked, I gave him a nod "not in a while though". I sat on the stool "Do you remember any songs?" He asked another question and I closed my eyes "let's find out". I let my fingers find the keys on their own, I always do better when I don't think about it. I began to play a few chords, remembering the song as I played it, starting to sing with it. It was called Born to Die by Lana Del Ray.

(You can skip this if you don't feel like reading lyrics, just go till italics are gone)

"Feet don't fail me now
Take me to the finish line
All my heart it breaks every step that I take
But I'm hoping at the gates,
They'll tell me that you're mine

Walking through the city streets
Is it by mistake or design
I feel so alone on a Friday night
Can you make it feel like home, if I tell you you're mine?
It's like I told you honey

Don't make me sad, don't make me cry
Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
I don't know why
Keep making me laugh
Let's go get high
The road is long, we carry on
Try to have fun in the meantime

Come take a walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane
Choose your last words, this is the last time
Cause you and I, we were born to die."

I felt pleased with myself as I finished what I played of the song. "Wow" I heard Carl behind me and I turned around, smile stuck on my face "that was- just wow" he seemed impressed and I felt my cheeks heat up "thanks".

They no longer hang out in the tunnels bummer, don't worry though I'll edit more chapters soon and it'll all come together:) hope you guys are liking the edits better