19

Okay so in case this is confusing to anyone, I skip time between most of my chapters. I try to give an idea of how much time, but yeah, if anyone has any questions just lemme know😂

Alli
I watched eagerly as Hershel unwrapped my leg "can I walk now?" I asked and he let out a chuckle "hold on a minute". Carl stood at my side as I stared at my leg "well, take it easy, but you should be fine to walk. Don't overwhelm yourself though, no runs for at least another month" he ordered and I nodded.

Sure, a run would be great, but at least I can walk now. Carl made me stick to Hershel's orders a lot more strictly after the snow last month. I'm just glad to be moving after being in bed for almost three months. "So where do you wanna go first?" Carl asked and I smirked, I've been dying to go to the house for months.

Hershel was still in the cell though "lets just go to the cafeteria, I'm so hungry" I told Carl and he smiled "alright, lets go" he held out his hand to help me up and I took it, standing still for a moment. I didn't put weight on my right leg yet, I just eased into it. It felt weird, since I've hardly touched it to the ground in three months.

I took a few steps, holding onto Carl for balance, I felt like a baby taking its first steps, it's kinda embarrassing. Carl helped me walk towards the cafeteria, we went slowly, but nothing hurts so that's good. Carl brought me to a table and helped me sit down "I'm gonna go grab some food, what do you want?" He asked and I shrugged "just fruit or something".

He returned quickly with two cans of peaches, he knew that they were my favorite, they're pretty much the only fruit we bring to the house. The cafeteria was empty "thanks" I smiled as he slid the van over to me.

"So, do you think we could head to the house tonight?" I asked and he smiled "if you think you can climb all those fences, then yeah. We could just wait till tomorrow, if you need more time to get used to walking again" he told me and I shook my head "I'll be fine by tonight".

I opened my can of peaches and started eating "you know, it'll probably be summer in a few months" Carl said and I nodded "that means we've been dating for almost a year" I grinned and he nodded, eating another peach.

He rubbed his hand over mine "I love you Alli" he said and I felt my cheeks heat up "I um-" "you don't have to say it, it's okay" he told me and I felt a bit of relief wash over me. "I'm sorry, I just- I don't wanna say it. I'm scared that something will happen and I just-" I tried to explain and he kept the slight smile on his face as he cut me off "Alli, seriously it's okay".

He ate another peach and I looked at him
"I do though, I feel it. I'm just afraid to say it" I told him and looked into his eyes, his gorgeous icy blue eyes. "It's okay. But yeah, tonight I'll come and get you like normal" he told me and I smirked "okay".

Sarah
I stuck close behind Daryl as we walked through the store we were in. The place wasn't that big, only a few aisles, but it was clear someone had been here recently, or at least in the past week or so. "Look at that" I whispered, pointing to a thin stream of smoke that was rising from one of the aisles.

"Stay close, someone's here, or they just left" Daryl mumbled quietly and I nodded. "Surround 'em. You take that side, I'll get the other" He instructed and I nodded, making my way to the side of the aisle that Daryl said. I peeked around the corner, there was nothing there, just a fire that had just been put out.

"No one here, but they're close, fire's still warm" I said to Daryl, holding my hand over the remains of the fire. "Stick with me, keep your gun ready" he ordered and I gave a slight nod, filling my bag as we made our way through the aisles. I heard a loud crash in the back room and glanced at Daryl, who nodded and started moving towards the noise.

"Damnit" I heard and looked into the room, there was a boy on the floor with a shelf on top of him. He seemed stuck underneath it. "You alone kid?" Daryl asked somewhat harshly as we walked closer, the boy struggled underneath it, ignoring us. "I asked you a question" Daryl pointed his crossbow at the boy now.

"Yeah" he said quickly, not paying attention to us. "We can help you out with that" I offered and he shook his head "I don't need help" he grunted, trying to lift it up still. I stood there, watching him and rolled my eyes "doesn't seem like it's going too well for you" "just go away, I'll get it" he huffed and I saw Daryl roll his eyes as well, then walked over.

"Point your gun at him, if he tries to run, shoot him" Daryl ordered and I nodded, aiming at the boy's head. Daryl lifted the shelf and the boy slid out from under it and stood up. "Thanks" he muttered and stood still as Daryl looked at him "how many walkers have you killed?" He asked and the boy looked confused "um- I don't know, a lot".

"How many people?" "None" the boy answered, I was kinda surprised, he seemed like an asshole. "Why?" Daryl asked the final question and the boy shrugged "haven't come across that many, I normally just hide or get away, but a shelf fell on me this time" he explained and Daryl nodded.

"You want a group?" He asked and the boy looked down "where are you guys held up?" He asked and I cut in "somewhere safe". He shrugged, looking at his feet "alright, sure".