13

Alli
Nobody bothered to ask why Carl and I were outside of the gates, they were just grateful that we were there to try and do something. Tara was nice, she definitely seemed tough, I'm surprised that she hadn't been some kind of leader in the past, since she stepped up so quickly with that group. It had been a few days since it happened, but the whole thing already seemed forgotten.

Everything had just gone back to normal, we just have an extra group member now. Carl and I sat in the guard tower, just hanging out like normal. "One thing that you wish would happen, not including the end of the apocalypse" I said to him, we were basically just playing truth or dare, without the dare.

"I wish my dad would let me drive" he said and I laughed "oh yeah, I bet you're a great driver" I said sarcastically and he chuckled "well, maybe if they'd teach me. I bet I could drive fine though, if I needed to". I smiled, glancing out the window of the guard tower "you could just ask him" "he keeps saying that he'll take me later, he never does though" he shrugs.

"Have Daryl take you then" I gave another suggestion and he laughed "someone will take me eventually, it's fine". He laughed then spoke again "okay, food that you miss most" he said and I sigh "I miss potato salad so much" he laughed as I spoke "same, but I really miss-" "Carl! Alli!" We heard someone yell, so we stood up, going to the balcony of the tower.

Daryl stood below us "we're goin' on a run in a few minutes, get ready quick" he shouted up and we nodded, climbing down the guard tower, then going to C block. "What're you bringing?" Carl asked, we could talk easily between cells, since they were so close to each other. "Crossbow and my pistol, just in case. I'm changing into jeans too, walkers can't bite through denim easily" I told him getting an "okay" in response.

We were both back at the gates within a few minutes, helping Glenn move a few things around in the truck. From what I've heard, Glenn is the scavenging god, so with him and I together, I think this'll be a productive run. "Is Maggie coming this time?" Carl asked, putting a half-full case of water onto the floor of the backseat.

"Yeah, Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, and you guys" he said and Carl nodded as I put the last thing in the back of the truck. The truck was crowded as we all piled in, three people up front, three in the back. It wasn't too bad though, I knew that it'd be more crowded if we ever needed to make a getaway.

We left before the sun was fully in the sky, it was still somewhat early in the morning. I wasn't exactly sure where we were going, but hopefully the place has clothes, because a lot of mine are getting too small.

After about half an hour of driving, Daryl pulled into the parking lot of a big store. It was the back end of it, so I couldn't tell what the store was. "Big stores like this make for a lot of places for walkers to be hiding, don't let your guard down" Glenn said to everyone and I nodded, grabbing my crossbow from the back of the truck.

"I'll go with those two, you three can split off" Daryl said, offering to go with Carl and I, Glenn nodded "if something goes wrong, just yell". Glenn's group went around to the front to go in, but we went in through the back door, it was easy to unlock.

The door brought us into a storage section, most of the stuff was perishable, so it smelled like shit. We grabbed the salvageable things though, starting to fill our bags up. "How do places like this not get raided?" I asked, grabbing a can off of a shelf. "A lot of these places get filled up with walkers, people don't wanna take the chance" Daryl explained. I always just took the risk when I was alone, I never slowed down enough to think about it that way.

I heard a growl from a few aisles away, a walker was just stumbling around. "I got it" I said, aiming my crossbow and shooting the walker in the head from where we stood. "Be right back" I start walking to get my arrow back.

Carl
"It's crazy how accurate her shots are from so far away" Daryl said and I shrugged "I mean, but don't you shoot from like the same distance?" I asked him and he nodded "my bow's newer, her's is an old, beat up model, it'd be impressive to make a shot at 10 feet with that". It seemed weird knowing that Daryl was Alli's dad, especially since he's not aware that we know.

It's probably the real reason that he asked me stuff about hr on our last run, I bet he's curious about what his daughter's like. Honestly, knowing both of them, they'll never tell each other what they know, too awkward for them.

"Shit" I heard Alli mutter and she motioned for Daryl and I to come over to where she was. "What do we do about that?" She asked, pointing to a set of double doors, there were a lot of walkers behind them, I could hear it. The only thing that held the doors shut was a rotting piece of wood.

"Shit, did anyone bring an automatic?" Daryl asked and we shook our heads "I bet one of the others has one, I'll get it. If this door busts, just run. Stick together, yell something, we all meet outside" Daryl gave a quick escape plan and we nodded again as he started to look for the others.

"The doors are gonna open, we never get good luck" Alli muttered, half jokingly. I chucked "I've got you, that's all the good luck I need" I said and she laughed "you're so cheesy, I swear" she grinned at me. We kept our eyes on the doors, weapons pointed. I could tell we were both prepared to run, just in case.