29

Alli
I get out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel, getting dressed pretty quickly. I slip on a baggy t-shirt and some pajama shorts before shaking my wet hair out and leaving the bathroom. I walk into Carl's cell and just stand in the doorway with my arms crossed "what the hell was that?" I ask and he blushes "look I'm sorry, let's just say your dad has some screwed up parenting skills" he says and I shrug "fine".

"So you wanna go read comics or something?" He asks and I shrug "we've read them all" I say and he nods in agreement "we could go outside of the gates?" He suggests and I grin "okay, let's get Sarah too" I say and he nods. I pull a drawstring bag from under my bed, after all the attacks that happened here, I figured it's good to have a supply bag packed, plus I can use it for when we leave the gates, even though that doesn't happen too often. I leave my pajama clothes on as we prepared to leave, it's still hot outside.

I sling the bag over my shoulder as Carl walks back into the cell with Sarah, "alright let's head out" I say and Sarah moves her eyes so she was looking into the cell block "what about everyone else, they won't wonder where we are?" She reminds us and I sigh "oh yeah, um if they ask we're hanging by our lake" I say coming up with a quick excuse and pulling out a notepad to write it. I leave a quick note then leave it on the nightstand "alright now let's go".

"How exactly do you plan to get out? There's guards outside" Carl reminds me "tombs, they lead outside, get your weapons ready, not all of them are dead" I inform them, even though they probably knew already.

After they get out

"So where are we going?" Carl asks and I shrug "wherever the world takes us" I say, holding his hand as we walked "guys, what's that?" Sarah asks, pointing to a man riding by on a motorcycle "just a survivor" I say and she shakes her head "no, keep watching" she says and we stop, watching as a big group of men drove by on motorcycles "that's weird" I furrow my eyebrows then see Carl's eyes widen "not as weird as the fact that they're coming towards us" he says somewhat urgently, pulling his gun from his holster as the motorcycle group formed a circle around us.

Carl pointed his gun at one of them then laughter broke out among the group "oh look, just a few kids" a man smirked and exchanged glances with the others "put the gun down boy, we could kill you all before you even got the chance to shoot" the man says, but Carl keeps the gun raised. The man frowned then pulled a pistol out "lemme rephrase that" he said, then pointed the gun to Sarah's head "gimme the gun, or we'll shoot her" he sneers and Carl reluctantly gives up his gun.

"Good, now that that's all taken care of, give us your shit" the man glared at me now "and if we don't?" Sarah questioned, standing up to the man as he gave her an evil grin "I'll show you" then it happened in slow motion. The man had pulled the trigger of the gun, a shot rang through the air and I stood in shock, I couldn't get out a scream, I didn't know what to do as my best friend fell to the ground, dead. I stared at Sarah, her eyes stuck open, staring into nothingness. My breathing sped up, I felt sadness, anger, anxiety, and fear, not the fear that I would be next, but the fear that they'd hurt Carl now.

Carl stared at her on the ground, he had rage filling his eyes, he wanted to hurt the men, but knew he'd just end up like Sarah if he did. "Get the hint?" The man grinned at me and I felt tears come from my eyes, suddenly pouring down my cheeks as the man looked at me "cat got your tongue?" He scoffs and I look at the ground, suddenly not knowing what to even do, I couldn't talk, scream, I couldn't even force myself to move, I was just frozen.

"You know, Negan would probably love to have some child recruits" another one of the men spoke up, gaining a nod from the one who had shot Sarah. "Good idea, tie their hands and search em, I'll search the dead girl" he said then I clenched my fists in anger, he had just referred to her as a dead girl, when he was the one who shot her. A man came to tie my hands "hold still" he grunted at me as I moved my hands away from him "how bout no" I choke out and turned around, punching him in the face as hard as I could.

He looked at me with pure hatred "wanna end up like your friend?" He threatened and I kicked him in between his legs, then shot him in the head with my pistol. I turned around, ready to shoot the others, but thy all stood with their guns pointed at me, besides the one man with a gun pointed to Carl's head "smart move, now put your hands behind your back" he growls and I do as he says, in fear of Carl's safety "don't go thinkin' you're tough" the man spat in my ear, slapping me across the cheek .

They took our weapons and put them in a bag "you're coming back with us" the leader said and I clenched my jaw "where?" I ask and he smirks "Virginia" and Carl and I give each other a worried glance, how would the group have a chance of finding us there? "Who are you people?" I ask and a man grins "you haven't heard, Negan's in power now, we're moving through the states, gaining recruits, supplies, Negan's the worlds new leader, and we're the Saviors".

I'm such a piece of crap I haven't updated this since March and this sucks so sorry