Part 40

"Ryder." Ali's voice whispered to me as i turned onto my side with a groan.

"What?" I muttered softly back as i pulled the covers high above my head. I felt her sit on the edge of the bed as she tugged on the blanket softly.

"You should get up and call them." She told me as i closed my eyes tighter. That was the last thing that i wanted to do right now, get out of bed and break someone that i care so much abouts heart.

"Can you do it?" I asked her as her laughter filled my quiet room. I turned so that i could look up at my friend.

"No babe, you gotta do it." She told me as she reached out to take my hand.

"But i don't want to." I told her softly as she paused for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"I know that you don't, but you have to Ryder. You can't lead both of them on. You will end up losing them both." She told me as i climbed onto my elbows and looked up at her.

I hesitated for a couple of seconds. She was right, the longer i put it off, the more impatient they will get and then who knows how they will react.

"Do you think they will get mad?" I asked her as she gazed down at my tired face. She took a deep breath as she looked towards the window.

"I don't know Ryder. One of them will get very hurt." She told me as i studied her face. I knew that was true.

"Alright, i will get up and text them." I told her as i pulled the covers off of me and reached for my phone.

"I'm going to get going soon." She told me as i nodded. 

"Alright, i'll be out in a minute let me just text them." I said as i gazed down at my phone. I heard Ali's footsteps walk into the other room as i clicked group message and added both of their names.

"Hey guys. I did what you told me to do, i made a decision. Come over in a half hour. xx."

I looked down at it for a couple of seconds before i hit send. I really didn't want to do this but i knew that i had to. I placed my phone back on the table and walked out into the living room. Ali stood there shrugging her bag onto her shoulder.

"I'll call you later alright?" She said as she wrapped her arms tightly around my waist. I shook my head as i placed it on her shoulder.

"Alright, I'm nervous." I told her as she pulled away and took my left hand in hers and squeezed it very tightly.

"You are a strong girl Ry, i have faith in you." She said, squeezing my hand again. I smiled as she reached for the door and disappeared.

I walked back into my room and quickly got dressed. I tugged on a pair of jeans and a loose sweater. I didn't really know what to do while i waited for them to come so i just sat on the couch for the rest of the time. I was so in love with both of them but for different reasons. Niall cared about me so innocently. I felt so pure and special when i was with him. He made me feel important to him. But then with Harry, i felt needed. I felt like whenever something was wrong, i could run into his arms and he would hold me tight.

A loud knock on the door pulled me out of this trance. I quickly stood up and walked to the door as i paused. I placed my hand on the cold knob as i took a deep breath. I pulled the door open to reveal Harry and Niall standing next to each other awkwardly.

"Hi guys." I said softly as Harry shoved his hands in his pockets and gave me a weak smile. Niall nodded his head as he bit both of his lips.

"Hi Ryder." Niall muttered as i opened the door to let them in.