9 - Showering with Draco

Harry set his glasses aside, turned on the shower, and stepped underneath the waterfall, his black hair soaking wet and pressed up against his forehead, covering his scar as crystal droplets formed all over his skin.

Draco, distracted for a moment, shook his head and tore his eyes off Harry, turned on his shower, and began shampooing his hair.

"Ever slept with other people before?" Draco asked as Harry aggressively massaged his scalp with his shampoo-covered fingers, as if trying to murder whatever head lice must have fallen into his hair.

"I'm sorry, what?" Harry replied, taking the question the wrong way.

Draco's cheeks flushed as he realized that his question had come off inappropriately. "Oh, no, I didn't mean it that way," he quickly sputtered, soaping up his body. "I meant, have you ever had to sleep in the same room as other people before?"

"Oh, no," said Harry, rinsing the shampoo off his hair and squeezing more shampoo onto his palms, ready for another round of head lice killing. "I had to live with muggles, and they made me sleep in the cupboard under the stairs for the past eleven years."

"What?" Draco exclaimed rather loudly then cleared his throat. He was already done showering, rinsing everything off under the shower head. "Well, was the cupboard big at least?"

"Tiniest space I've ever had to squish myself into," Harry replied, rinsing his hair a second time. "Can you check my hair and see if there are any weird things in there?"

Harry bent over while Draco ran his fingers through Harry's hair, parting the locks in portions and giving his scalp a good look. "I don't see anything. I think you're clean," Draco said after a long round of analyzing Harry's head.

Harry stepped backward and stood upright, heaving a sigh of relief. "Good. For a moment there I thought I'd have to plot my murder of the headmaster."

Draco and Harry sniggered. Draco stepped outside his shower section and started drying himself up while Harry soaped up his body.

"Why'd you have to live with muggles of all people? Didn't your parents have any siblings who could take you in?" Draco asked loudly while patting himself dry with a towel.

"My mom had a muggle sister, my aunt. Her husband and son are also muggles, and they were all awful," Harry shouted while scrubbing his back, trying to be heard over the noise of the water.

"That must've sucked. You don't have to live with them anymore if you don't want to, you know. You can always come live with me and my parents. We have a manor in Wiltshire. I can assure you you won't have to sleep in a cupboard if you move there with us," said Draco, wrapping the towel around his waist and walking over to the bathroom door. "I'll be back. Gotta get my stuff." He opened the door, stepped out of the bathroom, and closed the door, leaving Harry to think about his offer.

Leave the Dursleys and live with Draco and his parents?

Harry remembered the cold-looking man who'd told Draco about making sure he'd be put into Slytherin, and the woman who had kissed Draco on the cheek before leaving with her husband.

Draco came back into the bathroom, carrying some clothes, teeth-brushing materials, and self-care bottles in his arms. He shut the door and set his clothes aside, placed his skincare and hair care bottles all over the edges of the first sink to mark his territory, laid a glass cup beside the faucet, chucked a toothbrush into it, and set a small circular glass case with black goo beside it.

Harry stepped out of the shower and began to dry himself next to Draco. "About your offer," Harry said as Draco began to cover his face in cleansing foam, "I think I'll take it."