24 - Coriolanus Snow's Invitation

It had been three hundred years since Harry and Draco immortalized not only themselves, but also their physique. The couple have celebrated their 100th and 200th anniversaries, and tonight's third celebration was even grander, with many more guests than ever.

Having both lived over three hundred years, Harry and Draco have managed to amass a great number of friends, acquaintances, and enemies. The guest list was composed of countless wizards they've immortalized, as well as muggles who have undergone the D.R.A.R.R.Y. procedure that had swept both the wizarding and muggle worlds. It was Harry's idea to invite their enemies as well, some of whom shamelessly showed up. He loved showing off his success and glory to those who wanted to see him fail, admittedly more than he liked flaunting his status and influence to everyone else.

Harry scanned the crowd and beamed with pride as he watched his satisfied guests dig into the exquisite lobster bisque served within a luxurious twelve-course meal, float around the Parisian ballroom in their dashing 1800s royalty-themed outfits to greet one another with glee, others dancing with their lovers in the center of the room, some quietly admiring the ceiling mural without socializing much. Just like all of Harry and Draco's grand parties, this one was a great success.

Harry caught a glimpse of Draco heading his way from the left, but before he could fully approach him, a lofty voice echoed from Harry's right.

"Harry Potter, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Harry gave Draco a slightly apologetic smile and turned to his right to face Coriolanus Snow, the twenty-three-year-old president of Panem, a country in the muggle world. Harry was taken aback by how similar Snow looked to Draco. He had the same skinny figure, pale skin, blue eyes, and light blond hair, although Snow had natural long curls that delicatedly framed his face. The young president was adorned in a dashing powder blue suit that complemented his eyes, with blinding white frills flowing in the middle and around the collar.

Harry had invited Snow at the last minute after he so generously donated a ridiculous amount of money to the D.R.A.R.R.Y. laboratory facility, along with a large bouquet of white roses that came with a short handwritten note that spelled "The great support the great. Coriolanus Snow."

"President Snow," Harry greeted, extending a hand.

"Please, call me Coriolanus," the young president replied, firmly shaking Harry's hand with a warm grin. "Congratulations on your immortalization anniversary. Just two weeks ago I underwent the procedure myself, though unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet you in the lab."

"I was in Norway at that time," said Harry. "The old folks there are particularly stubborn. They refuse to immortalize their ninety-year-old physiques."

Snow let out a courteous chuckle. "Eternal life is only great when one preserves it in their prime. Speaking of prime, I've been planning my first ever Hunger Games as President of Panem. I've participated in the preparation of other Games before, but planning it as President is a totally different challenge. I've seen the great things you've done with D.R.A.R.R.Y., conquering both wizarding and non-magical worlds with such a powerful business. I'd love to have you and your brilliant mind on board for the planning of the upcoming Games."

Harry was taken aback by the sudden invitation but kept his composure. "Mr. President—"

"Coriolanus," Snow corrected him.

"Right, Coriolanus," Harry said feebly. He usually stuck to using last names because Draco easily got jealous, but he figured it would be impudent if he refused to address the president as he requested. "Helping the youngest president in history plan the brutal murder competition among children would be an interesting endeavor. After all, I've been growing quite bored of maintaining a steady business over the past few decades. This will give me something new to do."

"Wonderful," Snow exclaimed with a boyish grin. "My hovercraft will pick you up right after the afterparty." He gave Harry a slightly awkward hug that could be interpreted as somewhere between friendly and professional then turned on his heels and strutted away.

Draco approached Harry immediately after Snow's departure. "Potter, my love, who was that lookalike of mine you were just speaking to? He could be my twin, although I'd definitely be the better looking one." He planted a kiss on Harry's nose and smiled at him with the same loving gaze that never changed from centuries ago.

"That was President Coriolanus Snow of Panem, from the muggle world," Harry answered, taking Draco's hand and giving it a gentle rub.

"Cool, did you get to ask him about the Hunger Games?" asked Draco. "I've always wanted to watch one of those live. Maybe I can butter him up and make a request to make it a live action viewing for this year."

"You know what? We might actually be able to," Harry replied. "He just invited me to help him plan the Games. Said a hovercraft will pick me up after the afterparty."

"And he didn't invite me?" Draco complained, sounding alarmed. "Smells fishy. I'm pretty sure that guy has other intentions. I don't feel comfortable with the idea, Potter."

"Don't worry, Draco," Harry tried to appease him. "He didn't flirt with me or anything, and I'm pretty sure he knows we've been married for the past couple centuries. He's a smart, capable man, he probably cares about responsibility and success more than being a third party in a strong relationship. It will be fine."

"Already defending him so fast, aren't you, Potter?" Draco said softly, solemnity washing over his face. "Alright then, go to Panem with Mr. Pretty Boy President and plan the games as long as I get to watch it live when it happens. I'll just pray to Merlin that you don't defend him too when he starts trying to suck your cock."