0.7

{Mystic Falls, 2010}

Nora stood at the entrance to the Salvatore house, impatiently waiting for someone to answer. With Klaus' words echoing in her head, she took a deep breath and promptly opened the door, stepping inside.

At first she was unsure of where to go, she shuffled her feet on the welcome mat, as a wave of emotions rushed over her. in the confusion of the last few days, she hadn't had time to process everything that had happened, and everything that was happening. Stefan's betrayal had been trumped by the confusion surrounding Klaus' fascination with her, and now Nora stood frozen, as her hurt and anger rushed through her.

"You should have met me in 1864. You would have liked me"

Klaus' words steadied her as she began to follow the voice, climbing the stairs with the small, glass vile clutched in her palm.

"I like you now. Just the way you are."

The sound of another voice led her to an open door. She knocked hesitantly and the girl quickly sat up, clearing her throat.

"Hi..- this is from Klaus" Nora stepped towards them, handing the vile to the girl. Damon's skin was tinted grey and he was covered in sweat.

"Who are you?" Elena twisted the lid from the top of the vile and turned back to Damon.

"Nora, but I can't stay, I have to return quickly" she turned and began to leave the room.

"Wait! Where's Stefan?"

"She's been compelled" Damon said, as Nora rushed out of the house and down the path. Elena watched as his face slowly regained its colour "There's no use"

Nora blinked away the tears that threatened to spill, and pushed all of her thoughts to the back of her mind as Klaus' words repeated in her head.

──────── ✧ ────────

"Ah there she is" a smirk spread across Klaus' face, and a look of relief washed over Stefan's features. Nora closed the door and looked between them. Stefan was hunched over on the floor in the centre of the room, surrounded by empty blood bags. Large, dark veins were now a prolonged feature beneath his eyes, as well as the blood that stained the corners of his lips. Klaus was leaning against the counter, next to him, a pile of full blood bags stood tall, he had no intention of stopping any time soon.

"Perfect timing love, c'mere" she stepped towards him hesitantly, dodging the blood bags that littered the floor. He pulled her gently to his side and before Nora could protest, he began to speak.

"Do not scream" Stefan watched, frozen in shock and possibly due to being drunk on blood, as Klaus bit into his wrist once again and forced Nora to drink.

Nora tried to resist, she thrashed in his arms but to no avail, eventually she gave in to the metallic taste, and allowed his blood to pass her lips.

Klaus pulled his wrist away, once he was satisfied that she had drank enough. He wiped the smeared blood from her chin, raising his thumb to his mouth. Nora turned her head, grimacing at the sight, as Klaus let out a small chuckle.

"We mustn't let any go to waste sweetheart" Nora rolled her eyes, and Stefan cautiously stood, stepping towards them.

"Nora, step away from him.." she looked at him, with a confused look playing upon her features. She looked at Klaus before slowly stepping towards Stefan.

Klaus laughed. "Oh no, I'm not going to turn her"

"Yet" Stefan raised an eyebrow.

"While I would like to have complete faith in you, think of it as a sort of insurance. If you disobey me, I will turn her. My blood will constantly be in her system, even if she is unaware of it" Nora and Stefan shared a glance, the worry of each of them, reflected upon the face of the other.

"What does he mean- he'll turn me?" Stefan paused, turning to her.

"He'll turn you into a vampire.."