1.1

{Florida, 2010}

{Florida, 2010}

"Hey- sorry" a laugh escaped from Nora's lips as she adjusted her short, azure dress. "My friends totally ditched me, could I borrow your phone to call a cab?" She slurred her words as she spoke to the man, the guy from behind the bar..

When Nora left the upscale clothing store that afternoon she never would have anticipated that her next stop would be a bustling nightclub with music so loud she swore she couldn't hear her own thoughts- and she certainly didn't think this would be her final destination for the night, but when Klaus handed her a box, decorated with a rather large bow, that containing her dress, wrapped with lemon scented tissue paper, she finally understood its use.

Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, but once she had changed and they made their way past the bouncer, Nora concluded there was at least 1000 places she'd rather be with around 200 other people. It definitely wasn't Klaus' definition of a relaxing evening either, or even a fun one at that. They were here for a bartender, a wolf, who was descended from one of the original 7 packs- a wonderful addition to his growing list of known wolves.

"I feel like I'm in hell" Nora groaned before downing a shot. Stefan nodded in agreement as he tapped along to the music.

Stefan spoke up. "What are your plans? And don't tell me you like to go clubbing" The hybrid looked between the pair, noting their shared affinity for complaining and questions, as Stefan raised an eyebrow.

"The bartender, he's a wolf" Nora frowned. Klaus had opened up briefly about his plans, in which he desired to create other hybrids. He didn't say much more, as usual- but it left Nora and Stefan to paint their own picture on how cruel Klaus was willing to become..

He was calculated and manipulative, and was always 10 steps ahead. Nora struggled to comprehend how his mind could possibly think of so many possible outcomes all at once. But Klaus wasn't just an over-thinker, as Nora discovered, he was crippled with paranoia. As terrifying as he seemed- he seemed to be ten times as petrified of a greater evil. But that left her to question if that was even possible.

"- and that's where you come in sweetheart.." she perked up, breaking from her thoughts and looked back at him.

"Me?" Klaus nodded, sipping his drink.

"Look I don't really get why I'm here, but I'm not getting involved in your weird world domination fantasy" Stefan looked between them before stepping towards Klaus.

"I'll can do it" Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Appreciate the gesture mate, but it must be her"

"No, you can go to hell" Klaus muttered something under his breath, taking a step towards her and taking a strand of her hair between his fingertips.

"You seem to have forgotten that I'm the one in control here, i decide what you do- and if you don't agree I have other methods" his breath tickled her ear as Nora laughed dryly and attempted to step around him, but was stopped by his hand on her elbow

"Go. To. Hell" she rolled her eyes, pulling her arm from his grip.

Stefan stepped forward."She doesn't want to do it Klaus, you let me do it or you don't get your guy"

Klaus scoffed. "Love?" He looked towards her. "i would like you to distract him, Stefan and I will take it from there"

Nora nodded without even comprehending what Klaus had said, and without the knowledge of even doing so.

"How are you doing that? I drink that stuff!"

"It's called insurance" he looked between them. "I won't have the two of you ruining my plan before it has even begun"

He looked at Stefan "you do as I say so I don't hurt her- and you, Nora, do as I say, because you don't really have a choice"

And so here she was, sentencing an unsuspecting stranger to a fate she didn't quite understand yet. The ambiguity of Klaus' motives added to Nora's guilt. She silently hoped he was a bad person but as he handed her his phone, her stomach dropped.

"You need to go..-now" he gave her a puzzled look- but it was too late. Klaus' superhuman hearing and speed allowed him to have a firm grip on his throat in seconds. The phone dropped to the floor, a large crack visable as the screen lit up.

An image of a young girl lit up the dark alley.

"What were you thinking?" Klaus growled, showing his yellow eyes, as tears welled in Nora's. When she didn't answer, Klaus followed her gaze to the cracked phone upon the floor.

He scoffed. "Sorry mate" he bit into his wrist and began forcing his blood down his throat. Nora gasped and began to lunge forward but was held back by a pair of muscular arms. She writhed and tried to break free, but fell still and watched as Klaus snapped the mans neck and as his body fell to the floor.

"Take him to the van, ripper" He began to mutter an objection but was shot down by Klaus' harsh glare. Stefan looked down at her, giving her a sympathetic look before loosening his grip. He threw the man over his shoulder and carried him out of the alleyway.

Nora kept her gaze firmly upon the cracked phone. She felt Klaus' eyes burning holes upon her skin.

"I'm sorry.." she spoke up, her plan had failed miserable, the guy was dead and Klaus was angry. But she wasn't sorry. On the off chance that he had made it out alive, Nora would have been jumping for joy, and what Klaus thought would be irrelevant.

"But you've left a child without a father.. for your own selfish gain" she looked up at him, as his face grew angrier by the second. "You pretend like you don't care, like your heartless- but that must mean something to you, everyone has a dad"

"Believe me she is better off- there's certain damage only a father can do" Klaus spat.

"You only know him at face value, he could be
an amazing dad, but you don't care because he's useful to you and that's-"

"Drop it love" she shook her head and knelt to lift the phone. Klaus watched as she ran her finger along the crack, he rolled his eyes and ushered her along.

"She should have this-"

"He's not dead! He'll come back" he growled.

"But he won't be the same.. and you're still responsible for the death of her dad" she brushed her thumb over the sweet digital face, and silently wished she hadn't changed her life forever.