3.1

{Mystic falls, 2011}

Nora had spent most of her morning thinking, the night before playing on a constant loop within her mind; Stefan's confession and what she could have swore, was Klaus making a move. If her intuition was correct she wished he would have, but at the same time, Nora knew that she couldn't ever truly be Klaus' while she still had unresolved feelings for Stefan. It would be selfish. Stefan's words hadn't aided her dilemma in any way, if anything, they had made her feel worse. Once again, they showed her a glimmer of hope which had lately began to become more of a pain than something to jump for joy at.

When she finally decided to change out of her pjs and get dressed, she made her way downstairs, hoping to find the Mikaelson clan all sat around the living area as they had been, since their reunion but an empty and silent room greeted her.

She looked around the house, checking Klaus room, as well as his painting lounge. She decided to stay there, coming to the conclusion that the siblings weren't home. Klaus had a real talent when it came to painting and art. As she traced her finger along a few sketches of cherubs and horses, taking in their simple but elegant detail, out of the corner of her eye she noticed a sketch upon his desk. She sat in the old oak chair and lifted the page, as her breath caught in her throat at the subject of the drawing.

It was her.

Or so she thought, until she noticed a date in the bottom left hand corner, 1923. It was Iris.

Her face dropped, but for the first time she truly saw their resemblance. She had seen how easily Katherine could portray Elena the night that Mikael returned but it was still terrifying to think that 100 years ago someone had looked exactly like her, and the drawing was almost like looking in a mirror, apart from Iris' shorter hair.

"He's very talented" she lifted her head her head to see Klaus' mother standing in the doorway. She nodded, setting the page back upon the desk where she found it.

"I haven't introduced myself, I'm Esther" she smiled, stepping into the room.

Nora nodded. "Klaus' mom"

"I have heard plenty about you Nora"

She laughed nervously. "Good things I hope"

"Of course, I have had the pleasure of watching your interactions with my son from the other side" Nora furrowed her eyebrows, and Esther laughed softly. "Forgive me, I often forget not all people are accustomed to the supernatural. You see when I died, I was placed in a sort of purgatory as a way to pay for my betrayal in creating the vampire species. Where I witnessed the havoc and pain my children created"

Nora nodded, listening intently to the woman. "Although I did have the pleasure of watching the joy they created as well, and the goodness within their life despite their plagued existence"