0.4

{Mystic Falls, 2010}

"You're going to have to answer me eventually" Alaric looked back at the source of the voice through the full length mirror, Nora had her back turned to him, with her head resting in her hands upon on the counter.

"Eventually, yes" She rolled her eyes. Since her miraculous memory recovery, she had been asking non-stop questions, with no answer. Alaric was now vainly, checking himself out. He was dressed in a maroon turtleneck- with his signature black lapelled coat. Nora tensed and shifted in her seat at the clicking sound of his dress shoes against the hardwood flooring, that echoed throughout the apartment.

"If you're going to keep me here, the least you could do is tell me why" Alaric chuckled at her tough exterior, her ignorance to his true strength was charming. Nora didn't truly understand Alaric's abilities, or even Alaric for that matter, but she couldn't deny the pit in her stomach as she felt him inch closer to her.

"I will decide when you know my plan" Nora stepped off the stool and began to walk past him, if she avoided his gaze, stayed an arms length away, and remained calm- at least on the exterior, he wouldn't be aware of the fear that he sparked in her.

Suddenly, Nora felt his hand grip her wrist, holding her firmly in place as she was pulled back into his arms. He dropped her wrist and held her securely by the shoulders.

"Do not walk away from me" Alaric tried to maintain a calm demeanour, his eyes dilating as he spoke and Nora clung to his every word, nodding slowly, as his grip on her shoulders loosened slightly.

The corners of Alaric's lips upturned gently into a half smile, as he reached out to gently caress her face. "Such a pretty little flower" 

Nora's plan had been foiled in a matter of seconds- she tensed under his intense gaze. Unable to move, Nora searched Alaric's eyes for a hint at his next move, his icy blue eyes weren't as kind as they first appeared- no more than 24 hours ago. They now held a sinister hidden motive, that was enough to cause the hair on the back of Nora's neck to stand on end.

"I have something to do tonight.." a shiver ran down Nora's spine as Alaric grazed his finger lightly along her jawline. "You'll be here alone, so we'll need to set some ground rules"

Ignoring the fear consuming 90% of her body, Nora couldn't help but roll her eyes at the man. "Just do the thing with your eyes and get it over with" Alaric chuckled.

"I'd prefer if we used that in moderation" Nora tried to pry herself from his grip, attempting to simply step away from him and his burning gaze. She could barely feel Alaric's fingers wrapped around her upper arm- but she couldn't move an inch.

"Why would you want to do that? Have you seen any movie ever? Thats how the bad guy always gets caught" Nora looked up at him.

"Mutual trust" Alaric stated shortly.

Nora scoffed.

"Let me get this right? So you abducted me- yet you expect me to trust you?" She looked up at Alaric, searching his features for any hint of humour.

"Yes, I have big plans for you, and I want to to know that what you felt was real" Nora looked at him in disbelief, running her hand over her face.

"What I felt?" Alaric nodded.

"Okay is this some sort of stalker... fetish?" Alaric dropped his arms to his sides, stepping around her and into the living area.

"I do not mean you any harm.. that is not my intention" Nora's eyes followed him across the room as Alaric pulled a book from the shelf and took a vile of clear liquid from the space behind it.

"Oh really, So why am I here? To be some kind of human furniture?"  Alaric stepped back towards her and held the bottle out.

Nora looked at it suspiciously. "What is it?"

"Vervain.. it prevents me from compelling you" Alaric watched as she unscrewed the top and held the dropper to her face.

Nora furrowed her eyebrows. "Compelling me?" Alaric shook his head, exasperated with all of her questions.

"The thing I do with my eyes" a frown settled upon Nora's face as she sat the bottle on the counter.

"Why would you give this to me?" Alaric took a strand of her hair and curled it between his fingers.

"As i said- mutual trust" He dropped the strand of hair and stepped away from her, but his vanilla and bourbon scent still hung in the air around Nora.

"My rules are simple-"

"Woah- I thought we were going to agree on the rules" Alaric smirked, walking towards the door.

"Not necessarily- i was going to allow you to believe you had a choice, But regrettably, I'm already late" He adjusted his coat, as he checked himself out once more.

"And this isn't a democracy, so do not open the door, and do not try to leave. If you disobey me, I will find you, and I will-"

Nora rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah i watched the movie I know" Alaric furrowed his brows before shaking his head and leaving the apartment, giving Nora time to process what in the world was happening to her.