0.8

{North Carolina, 2010}

Nora was laying across the backseat of the mini van Klaus had hired, when a loud groan escaped her lips. Once Klaus was satisfied that Stefan had drank treble his body weight in blood, he hurried them out of the apartment and into the mini van that was now filled with an uncomfortable silence, he was in such a hurry that Nora hadn't the time to take her shoes but Klaus reassured that he would get her anything she needed.

But he didn't mention when- a reoccurring theme with Klaus, and they had now been driving for atleast two hours, with a total of ten words had being spoken amongst the three of them.

Nora caught Klaus' gaze in the rear view mirror. "If we're not going to talk- could you atleast turn on the radio?" Stefan chuckled as she sat up, stretching between the two seats, and reached for the radio.

Klaus swatted her hand away. "I'm fully capable, love" he flicked the switch and the melodies of a cheesy pop song filled the silence. Klaus grimaced. Music had come a long way, and certainly not for the better.

Stefan smiled at the familiar tune;

{New York, 2009}

It was a Saturday evening in New York City. Stefan had just gotten out of the shower and was walking towards his room, with a towel secured tightly across his hips, when his ears picked up on the best sound he had heard for a while.

To the untrained ear, it sounded like off key humming and the mushing of mumbled words coming from the vanity within his shared room. But to Stefan, it was much more than that.

Nora had been down in the dumps for a few weeks; she had been fired from her job, and the road to reemployment was long and winding. Stefan suggested a date night, in hopes of cheering her up. Relying on makeup, a nice dress and lots of wine to boost her mood.

And his hopes had come true, She was sat at her vanity, applying her makeup while listening to the top hits of the week; humming along, even though she wasn't too sure of the words-

"Change the station, I hate that song" Klaus grumbled and did as he was told. Stefan looked back at her in the rear view mirror. Nora was staring at the roof of the car, he could only hope that her dislike for the song did not stem from his influence.

Her mind drifted to that night.

She swayed gently as Stefan whistled with the tune, soon he was pulling her from the stool and into his arms. They sang and laughed as Stefan struggled to maintain the position of his towel. They danced so much that they missed their reservation at the fancy restaurant, but neither minded. They stayed home, cuddling up on the couch in their pjs, talking about their hopes and dreams. It was, unfortunately, a night Nora could not forget.

Stefan cleared his throat and turned his attention to Klaus. "So what exactly is your plan?"

Klaus looked over at him. "You will learn in good time" Stefan sighed, slumping in his seat, revealing Klaus' motives would be an uphill battle.

"So vampires are real?" Nora said suddenly, filling the lingering silence.

Klaus chuckled. "Yes" he could almost see her mind conjuring up different theories and images. "but we're nothing like the movies"

"When.. did you become a vampire?"

"I'm just over 1000 years old, I'm an original" To be frank, Nora wasn't completely aware that humans existed 1000 years ago, so to describe her as shocked would be an understatement.

"Well, Klaus isn't just a vampire" Stefan said, halting Noras overwhelming thoughts, she looked away from the roof of the car and between the two.

"Im a hybrid, part vampire, part werewolf" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Werewolves are real too?" Alaric's books hadn't spoke of anything other than witches, so she had no idea of the world she was stood on the precipice of. ".. and those people- they were witches?"

Klaus nodded.

"Let me guess the Easter bunny is real too?" Stefan chuckled, Nora began to question everything she once believed to be a work of fiction.

"Certainly, I met him once" Klaus said. She rolled her eyes and sat up in her seat. Her eyes caught Stefan's in the rear view mirror, the dark veins had now disappeared but remained prevalent in her memory.

She looked away quickly, causing a frown to settle upon his face. Klaus' eyes were focused on the road, but he picked up on Noras racing heart, and he knew Stefan had as well.

This was going to be a long- and awkward- journey.