2.6

{Mystic falls, 2010}

The past few days had been a whirlwind, once all of the Mikael drama had blown over, Klaus and Nora recouped and were ready to set off on their next quest for werewolves. Even without the looming threat of his father, Klaus still felt as though he needed protection. Nora assumed he had made some dangerous enemies throughout his time on earth and Klaus' flippant remarks about the stupidity of building an army once a war had began confirmed this. He had an eternal target upon his back, even as an invincible immortal, and his paranoia didn't help to ease his discomfort.

She was sat in the front seat of the large truck that Klaus used to cart his family around in, silently planning their conversation within her head with Mikael's words still fresh upon her mind. She still struggled to understand Klaus, and she wished for just a smidge of transparency, after all, she didn't have much privacy when it came to Klaus and his hybrids. He liked to have eyes on her at all times, for her safety of course, but it could be quite irritating.

But when she heard Klaus yell and a loud bang sounded from the rear of the truck she quickly hopped out.

"What is it?" He was leaning against the side of the truck with his hand tangled within his hair, an angered expression played upon his features.

"He took them.." she furrowed her eyebrows, glancing towards the empty truck, where hours ago 5 coffins lay.

"What-Who did?"

"Get your stuff, we'll be staying longer that planned" he stood himself upright and began to walk away from her.

"Klaus- I don't think I can" he stopped in his tracks, turning to her.

"This town.." she sighed. "It's about time I went home anyway.. sorted my life out"

"Nora.." he stepped toward her, placing his hands upon her shoulders, their faces inches apart. "I- I need you here"

They stood in silence for a few moments, Nora taken aback by his comment and Klaus anxiously anticipating her reply.

"You've said it yourself Klaus, I'm hanging on to the past.. it's time I let go and move on"  her eyes bore into his, silently begging to allow her to leave peacefully.

"-and we will, once I get my family back, I'm having a home built, we can stay there"

"So you're planning to stay?" He stumbled over his words, getting lost in her sapphire eyes. "Nothing in the world could make me stay here Klaus, not even you"