2.4

{Mystic Falls, 2010}

"...I think I have another question" Klaus raised an eyebrow, turning from one of his hybrids and looking towards Nora, as she made her way down the Lockwood stairs. Her hair was curled and hung over her shoulders, covering the exposed skin from her off-the-shoulder dress, which hugged her curves as she stepped towards him.

"Why the hell am I wearing this stupid dress?" She tilted her head, looking up at him.

Klaus cleared his throat. "It's a party, love. You must look the part and I wouldn't say it's stupid, I think you look lovely" she laughed lightly.

"Well thank you.. but I hope you're not expecting me to wear these heels all night. I'm not that kind of girl" Klaus chuckled.

"Oh I'm aware, sweetheart"

"So what's the party for?" She toyed with her dress, adjusting it slightly when Klaus gently took her arm in an attempt to settle her. He knew she was nervous about being in Mystic falls once again, as well as the possibility of seeing Stefan.

"My fathers soon-to-be demise" she furrowed her eyebrows as Klaus removed his hand.

"So he's not dead?" He sighed softly, pausing for a moment in an attempt to gather his thoughts.

"Half-dead"

"-like Rebekah was?" She cut in. He nodded, turning his attention once again to his hybrid, Mindy, who whispered something into his ear.

He nodded looking back at Nora. "Why don't you go fix yourself a drink. People will begin to arrive soon"

She nodded and walked towards the kitchen as Klaus gathered his hybrids.

──────── ✧ ────────

Nora looked out the window to the backyard, watching as people danced and had fun. She sighed, sipping her drink. It was pathetic, she had been begging for fun for weeks and now she had a huge party at the end of her finger tips but looking around, she didn't know anyone- apart from Klaus' hybrids who kept a stoic expression on their faces almost 24/7. So instead, she stayed in the kitchen and kept out of everyone's way.

There had been a pit in her stomach since they had arrived back in Mystic Falls, and it grew with each passing moment. Something was going to happen tonight, and Nora couldn't be sure it would be good.

Stefan caught her eye in the crowd as he made his way towards Klaus, who smirked upon noticing him.

"Quite the Homecoming" Klaus followed his stride, walking alongside him as they spoke.

"I've been planning my father's funeral for a thousand years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea." He smirked glancing towards the scores of people.

"So, what now? Stop running?" Stefan questioned. Klaus chuckled, stepping in-front of him.

"Now I reunite my family." Stefan attempted to hold in a laugh.

"Your family. You mean the people you cart around in caskets?" Klaus laughed dryly, shaking his head.

"None of that matters anymore. Mikael is gone. Bygones will be bygones." He smirked watching a petite girl drowning in a rather large sash and crown pass by. "Seems the Homecoming Queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here...Where is she?"

"I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt." Stefan shrugged.

Klaus raised an eyebrow. "Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where is my sister?"

"I said I have no idea." Klaus nodded. "Now would you like me to take you to your father?"

"Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it? Bring him to me."

Stefan nodded. "All right. Perhaps there's something in it for me...? My freedom from your compulsion?"

"Oh, you want your freedom." He smirked. "Well, once he is dead and his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back." Stefan nodded, making his way towards the house.

Nora's attention was still upon Klaus as Caroline entered the kitchen.

"Who the hell are you?" Nora turned, looking at the blonde, sporting a pretty, magenta dress.

"..I'm Nora" Caroline nodded.

"Oh Klaus' girlfriend. Stefan's ex" Nora laughed lightly.

"Uh-no we aren't together" Nora swirled the drink in her hand

"Hmm.. I'm sure" Caroline quipped, crossing her arms over her chest.

"excuse me?" Nora leant back against the counter.

"Listen Nora, I assure you, no wants you or Klaus in Mystic Falls. You two have ruined enough lives"

Nora laughed. "I can assure you that that's all Klaus. He ruined my life just as much as everyone else and trust me, I'll be here no longer than I need to be"

"But yet you're still here with him.. i mean you're way too old for high school" Caroline smirked.

"Look, I don't have time to deal with your high school drama. Enjoy your party" Nora stepped past her and out into the foyer, where Klaus was playing beer pong. She laughed a little, walking towards him.

She tapped his arm lightly as he watched his hybrid shoot. He turned to her, and a small smile found its way upon his face.

Nora smiled back. "Hey, I think I'm just gonna go hang out upstairs. Too many teenager hormones flying around" he chuckled.

"That's probably best love, things might get ugly" she raised an eyebrow.

"What's going on?"

"It's nothing love, just-" Mindy took her place on the other side of Klaus.

"You have a visitor." Nora frowned, looking between them.

Klaus' rotten smirk once again plastered itself upon his features. "Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."

"He said his name is Mikael." Nora watched as his uptight, harsh demeanour returned. He threw the ping pong ball into the cup and turned from the table, looking towards Mindy.

"Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad." He glanced at Nora. "Stay hidden"

She frowned but nodded, knowing it was for the best.

Klaus smirked, resting his hand upon the shoulder of a hybrid. "Tony, you know what to do"...

To be continued...