Chapter 10

(Pakhi's pov)

It's 6 am in the morning. Me and samrat are in the cab to the airport.
I am holding back my anger while I allow my tears to fall pretending that I'll miss the family but only I know that these tears are for the one who wasn't even there when we left, Virat.

He had an urgent case and went from the house at 4:30 am. I was sleeping at that time and he bid goodbye to samrat.

He didn't even care to drop a message or bid goodbye to me.

Am I doing the right thing by chasing him?
The way he ignores me most of the time and tries to stay way from me put in dilemma if I was doing the right thing.

We reached delhi and were on the way to our new home. All the while I was thinking of virat while Samrat slept.

I made a decision to move on from him and give mine and samrat's wedding an actual chance. This time I was genuine and wasn't hiding any selfish motives in my mind.

Why to chase a man who doesn't even care that I exist?

We reached our home and I only had hopes that mine and samrat's relationship will blossom.

Samrat opened the door. I stepped in hoping for a great future ahead with one and only my husband, Samrat.
---------------------------------------

(Virat's pov)

Today was a hectic day I thought to myself. It was 5 pm in evening and I was sitting with my injured colleagues while one of the officers drove us to the hospital.

Some goons had attached the countryside and while fighting with them, all of us got injured. Nobody was dead, thanks heavens.

Just yesterday my wound had healed not completely but yes it healed much as I was allowed to attend this mission and today I ended up injuring my whole arm.

We reached the hospital and were taken to one of the rooms. We were supposed to wait for the doctor.

Someone entered from the door. I turned around to see who it was.

It was none other than Sai. She was standing there wearing a white doctor's coat above a peach sweater and black jeans.

She looked at me with phir se wala expression.
I understood that she was saying that again I hurt myself.

She shook her head in disbelief and came forward.
"Tumhari patti baad mein karungi" she said looking at me.

I nodded.

She did the dressing of other four officers and they all went home repestively.

"Kaise lagi?" she asked
"Mission par tha" I replied
"Chalo is baar sachi mein mission par hi lagi thi" she said putting medicine on my hand.

I winced in pain and held her hand for support.
She looked at me and we shared an unintentional eyelock for 40 seconds.

"Sorry" she said focusing back on her work. She was doing it more gently this time.

Silence prevailed.

She did my dressing and went to wash her hands.
She came back and looked at me confused.

I looked at her with more confusion.

"Gaye nhi?" She asked.

I wanted to thank her properly. She helped me twice and I said thankyou after she forced me to.

I knew she liked ice-cream she told this when she came home.
So I thought of taking her to an ice-cream parlour.

"Icecream khaane chalogi?" I asked
"Huh?" She asked

"Meine kaha ice-cream khane chalogi...tumne do baar meri madad kari aur meine tumhe theek se sorry bhi nhi bola...isliye" I explained, I didn't want to her to think that I have some other intentions.

"Nhi it's ok..mera ek aur appointment hai, 30 mins lag jayenge" she replied

"Koi baat nhi mein wait kar longa" I don't know why I said that but I did.

She looked at me surprised and aksed
"Really?"

"Yes,really"
"Ohk wait karo 30 mins" she said and walked out.

I sat there scrolling through my phone for half an hour.

She came back but was on a call with a patient. We both walked out of the hospital.

The icecream parlour was at the corner of the street.

"So?" She asked cutting the call
"So?" I asked again and narrowed my eyes.

We both chuckled.

"How was your day?" I asked trying to initiate a conversation.

"Well it was ok but then you came" she said grinning at the end

I rolled my eyes
"Itna bura lagta ho mein?" I asked
"Well...idk"

I looked at her with disbelief.

"I don't know you properly so.." she said
"Hmm...." I said

I wasn't able to understand this awkwardness. We both everytime hit off. Aaj kya ho gya?

We entered the parlour, choose our ice-creams.

I paid the bill after debating with her after a while on the bill.

We both sat down on the table.

"Tumhe pata hai, Patralekha vahini aur jeeva delhi shift ho gy" I said again trying to make a convo.

"Really? Kyu?" She asked looking interested
"Actually company ki nayi branch ban rhi hai delhi mein to, abhi to construction dekhne gye hai par ab vhi rahenge" I replied

-------------------------------------
(Sai's pov)

Had a very bad morning. I got the news of two patients dying. It set my mood off.

Yes, I am a doctor and should be habitual by now by hearing people die but it always pains my heart.

On top of that my migrane headache was killing me!

Then after attending some patients I was told to fit in Dr. Raghav's slot as he was in an operation.

Dr. Raghav is the head of the hospital and my friend cum brother too.

I was told that they are some police officers but I didn't expect Virat when I opened the door.

I looked at him, today he injured his whole arm.

He is so damn careless.

I didn't speak to him much. I knew he was confused as I didn't talk him or blabber in aaba's words.

I didn't know why but I always knew what was going in his head.

He asked me out for ice-cream.
Well maybe an ice-cream is all I need.

I agreed to go with him, maybe it will brighten up my mood.

When he asked me if I thought he was that bad then realisation dawned upon me. It was only the 4th time we were meeting that too unintentionally but I had built a bond with him.

Immersed in these thoughts we both reached the cafe and sat down after choosing our ice-creams.

*********************To be continued

Told ya guys, pakhi will redeem soon :)

This was a filler chap tbh
I just wanted to show where sairat stand. They are neither friend nor foes so.

Thankyou, pls vote and stay safe 💕

DISCLAIMER: This work is purely mine