Chapter 24

Blame my laziness and my mind for this late update.

It's a small chap, sorry for that :/

Not proofread

Happy reading

****************************

(Virat's pov)

It has been an hour since I had boarded the flight, half an hour since I was trying to distract myself by anything but it didn't help at ALL.

The thought of meeting my family and maybe even sai was eating me up.

I had wronged all of them. ALL OF THEM.

Today after months I realise that they were so many options rather than what I actually did....

Flashback

2 am.
I was still unable to sleep, not knowing what to do now. I was trapped.

My mind went back to happenings of afternoon.

It was my birthday in two days. I had never been this excited for my birthday.  This was my first birthday with my sai.

In the past there months I had fallen in love with her. I just wanted to confess at the moment I realised that I had actually fallen in love her which was a  week back but I was scared of how sai will react, I still had a doubt if she had completely fallen in love with me.

I knew she liked me like no other, cared for me like no other but I still wasn't sure if she had fallen in love love.

Love just doesn't happen, it takes time. Even if you fall in love at first sight which I don't believe in now, you just fall for their outer beauty not for the person they are, not for their personality but just fall for their looks.

Even I had an infatuation towards pakhi but later on I realised what person she actually was and my all my 'LOVE' for her which I thought as love vanished but that's not the case for sai.

She drives me insane. I just want to talk to her even if we fight, I just want to stay with her in both her happines and sadness.

It's the first time I am feeling this feeling. It's overwhelming.

I didn't want to make sai awkward or anything. I don't know how girls react to 'I love you' , I just have seen it in movies.

So I decided to keep my feelings inside my heart for a few days and notice her behaviour.

Last night we had sex, today when I woke up to go back to my house she said in a half sleepy state "you are special you know. I haven't felt like this before with any of exs, mat jao" as a reply to my question I asked her last night before we drifted off too sleep.
I had asked her if our relationship was any different from her previous ones. I just wanted to know, dug out her actual feelings for me.

At that moment I knew she loved me too. I wanted to do happy dance then and there.

I resisted the urge of kissing her hard and placed a soft kiss on her forehead whispering 'i have to go'

She left my hand and let me go.
On the way back to my home, I had decided to confess my feelings on my birthday which was just two days later.

I quickly got dressed up in police uniform and went to dig sir's office. He had called me yesterday and asked me to report today. The matter seemed urgent by his tone.

I had reached there and he had informed me about a goon, actually the master of goons who was creating chaos and killing innocent people and police officers who were went after him to catch him, sometimes he even attacked the families of police officers.

He asked me to go undercover, discover what he wants and catch him. My first reply was a deny. I can't risk my family and sai into this.
It's not safe at all. Sai is my strength and weakness both, if they got to know about sai somehow she will be the first one targeted and killed.
Noooooo, I can't let his happen.

He told that I was the only one who could do all this without even making a mistake. He told that I had to do it for the people, for our people.

I didn't know what to say. It was my duty to accept this mission and go but what about my family and their safety?

I had always kept my duty above anything but now I was puzzled.

He told me to sit and think over this.

I agreed and sat in my car.
My mind clouded.

I couldn't even tell my family that I was going on a mission because it was highly confidential.

A horrifying thought crossed my mind what if I die?
Every police officer who has ever gone to catch him has received death.

NO! I knew my family won't ever get over death especially Sai. She will never ever move on, she'll waste all her life in grieving over me, I knew her.

I shut my eyes closed and took a deep breath.

'Farz se badkar kuch nhi hota, khud bhi nhi' baba's words ringed in my ears.

I sat there thinking.

After half an hour of battling with my thoughts, I decided to go on this mission. I had to for my people, our people.

I informed dig sir about the same.

But what I didn't know was how to tell my family.

Sai called me and informed me that her whole evening was busy with appointments, so we wouldn't be able to meet today.
I thanked God for this, I'll get time to think.

And now it's 2 am. Still I am quarreling with my thoughts of what to do.

A thought crossed my mind.
I delved on it.
Maybe that's the only option out.

My alarm rang.

7 am.
I didn't even know when I slept.

The thought was still alive in my mind tho.
I took a shower, decided to go by my that thought.

******************To be continued 😛

Ik it's dramatic and filmy but that's just me 🙂

DISCLAIMER: THIS WORK IS PURELY MINE