Chapter 33 ~ A Day's Work

Glossary:

a' mhammaidh (a vammay) - mummy
uilebheist beag (oolivisht beck) - little monster

Chapter 33: A Day’s Work
~

Watching Ebbe wander around my room naked in the orange glow of rising sun was a view I could get used to. The light caught the shades of brown in his hair, and brought a warm glow to the darker tones of his skin. I must have looked like a ghost standing next to this male. A short ghost. My lips twitched as I propped my head on my hand.

I watched him pause at every childhood photo and worn knick-knack that he’d intently study, asking questions every now and again about them. Not that I was paying much attention to what he was doing, too caught up in a study of my own; the ripple of muscle as he moved, the paler scars crisscrossing his back, most his ass whenever his back was to me. It wasn’t the warmth of the sun that heated my skin, and caused the throbbing between my thighs.

Ebbe inhaled deeply, his head cocking towards me so I caught a glimpse of a smirk on his face before he carried on browsing through my DVD’s, even though I wasn’t sure he knew what they were.

Tease.

His fingers trailed along the spines of my books before he paused at desk beneath the window. Coloured pencils and old paints lay abandoned, and I held my breath as he rifled through one of my sketchbooks. My drawings were different from the artwork of the Norse Pack and I wondered what he’d make of the messy art made by an angsty teenage she-wolf.

“These are good,” he complimented, awe coating his tone while he flicked through. “The birds look like they’re flying.”

My cheeks heated with a shy smile. “Thank you. Birds were always my favourite, mostly because it’s all I could really draw well.”

Turning with a grin, he tipped his head in that puplike way. “Will you draw me?”

I laughed and shook my head, tugging the duvet up to my chin. “I don’t really draw anymore.”

“Why not?”

A loaded question.

Sitting up properly, I shrugged. “I don’t really remember. My lessons with dad grew few and far between, and training just became more important than art which wouldn’t help me in any way to reach my goals. I think Dad mentioned university art courses when I was preparing for my last exams at school...”

And if I remembered rightly, I’d laughed him off. Cringing internally, I hated how self-centred and standoffish I used to be. Maybe I should have gone to university and had another focus in my life.

Blue eyes watched me carefully, and I could see the slight shimmer of disappointment. With a sigh because this male was getting too good at manipulating me, I amended, “If you really want me to, I can draw you like one of my French girls.”

I laughed at my own joke while Ebbe stared at me like I’d grown two heads. Unfortunately, I wasn’t sure Titanic would be the best movie to introduce him to.

“You’d probably enjoy posing in the moonlight anyway.” I muttered, my point proved when the male puffed up and grinned wide.

Rolling my eyes in fake exasperation that only made him smugger, I flung off the duvet and pushed myself to my feet.

Clothes were scattered all over the floor again, my room in desperate need of a clean. I’d worry about it later. Stretching my arms above my head to chase away the remnants of sleep, I pretended not to notice the sudden interest Ebbe had in me.
The spice of his arousal reached my nose, fuelling my own. My thighs pressed together, arms dropping to my sides as my breathing deepened and I dared to glance over at him.
Ebbe smirked, head cocking to the side but the second his mouth opened, I lifted a hand.