Chapter 17 ~ Dreams

That cliffhanger was too much to leave you with so here you go!

Chapter 17: Dreams
~

Warm hands slid up my sides, spreading tingles over my skin that turned into burning desire. A hard body covered mine, pinning me to the mossy ground below and I submitted to his touch. His fingers stoked the fire and his name slipped from my lips, a plea that made him smile.

Most of hisface was shrouded in darkness but his eyes glowed like strikes of lightening that filled up my vision and then swallowed me whole.

Hot.

Heavy.

Panting breaths, moans and growls filled the air.

He moved above me, my legs hooked over his waist as he filled me again...and again...again...

"Raeghan!"

My eyes flew open, and I wasn't sure whether my gasp was caused because of the dream or the wolf peering down at me. The remnants were slipping away as I woke properly and groaned in acknowledgement of whoever had woken me.

Light streamed in behind the female who had one dark eyebrow raised and lips stretched into a smirk. I blinked up at Fenna as she came into focus, wondering how I'd gotten so tangled in the furs and blankets that were stuck to sweat damp skin.

"What were you dreaming about, Raerae?"

Dreaming?

Teeth on skin, screams, fingers that played my body with too much ease.

"Oh gods," I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

Kicking myself free of the furs, I could scent the spice of my arousal in the air. Which meant Fenna could too. She sniggered as I slowly rolled onto my side, hiding my face in embarrassment while I struggled to remember exactly who had been making me tremble that way in my dream.

Running my fingers through my hair caused pain to flare. Whatever herbs I'd been given last night, they'd worn off. My injuries were making themselves known with a vengeance. How had I gotten to my den? Hadn't I been left outside?

No. I vaguely remembered making it to my den, lying on the floor, and Ebbe. Had he put me to bed?

The slosh of water broke my train of thought and I accepted the bone mug handed to me, drinking in greedy gulps that left trails of water dripping down my chin.

Ebbe had been here. We'd spoken. And. . .no!

I choked on the water so violently that Fenna squealed, staring wide eyed. When I continued to cough, she pat my back a few times, relaxing once I took a proper breath.

"Gods, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I um. . .I'd forgotten about challenging Jakkon. I can't believe I did that," I excused, even as my fingers brushed across my bottom lip.

Fuck, I kissed Ebbe. And he'd still put me to bed...

"I've never seen Jakkon look so pleased," Fenna stated with a chuckle then sniffed and frowned. "Did Ebbe sleep here?"

"No!" I snapped, before realising I couldn't be sure.

My skin heated at the thought but at least that was an excuse I could use. His scent lingering in the air must have influenced my sleep because while the face had been blurred, there was no denying that I knew who's eyes had burned into my own while I'd writhed and begged for more.