49. Jet's return

" It's nap time!" I told the little kids who were in front of me. Some were still playing with their toys but others were already asleep on the floor. Some smiled at my announcement of nap time but others frowned. "C'mon." I told them as I led them to their rooms. A couple of adults were coming today to adopt some of the children and I was happy about it. It would be nice for these kids to get a home.

After putting all the kids to their beds, I walked out of their sleeping area to find Jin waiting for me. "I was waiting for you to be free. It's like you're always busy." She told me as we walked to the kitchen.

"So, what's up?"

She looked nervous." I wanted to ask you about Lee." My eyes widened but I tried to keep a calm expression.

"What about him?"

"You guys are close, right?" I nodded. " Do you have feelings for him? Because I was going to ask him out......" I didn't hear the other words she was saying because she was talking so quickly and I zoned out. She......she wanted to ask him out? I didn't think I would be too happy about that.

"No, I don't have feelings for him." I lied, trying my best to not bite my tongue. Why did I lie? I groaned internally. But I wasn't even sure if I truly had feelings for Zuko. I knew had feelings for Sokka.....ugh my feelings are all over the place, I thought, as I went to the cookies on a nearby plate in the kitchen.

"Oh okay." Jin went to Yua with a grin on her face. I was getting tired of Ba Sing Se. I was used to be always focused on the war but now since we kind of moved to the city, other things came around, like boys. I was still conflicted over who I liked or if I liked them both. I sighed as I watched Jin talk excitedly with Hina and Yua on how she was going to ask him out. I hoped he didn't say yes.

I ended up going to the tea shop after work. I made sure Jin wasn't there. It was almost evening and I had to go back to the Upper ring soon. I walked in to find only Iroh in the kitchen. They actually looked like they were closing early. "Hey Iroh." I greeted him as I passed a few customers.

"Hello Taliya, it is very good to see you." He said as he continued to wash the cups. I looked around.

"Where's Zuko?" I watched as Iroh's eyes widened then he continued to concentrate on the dishes.

"Um..... he's.....um......"

"He's what?" Iroh didn't get to answer my question, because Zuko walked in through the back door with very nice looking Earth Kingdom clothing. He looked very handsome but then I started to feel a headache coming when I thought of the possibilities as to why he was wearing like that.

"Hi Taliya. I didn't know that you were going to be here today." Zuko said, nervous and I frowned. Zuko was never nervous. In front of me anyway.

"I don't usually tell you guys when I'm coming or not."I said as I glared at him. " So, what's the occasion?"

"What?"

"The nice clothes. What's the occasion?" I repeated. I was hoping to hear something different, like maybe him and Iroh were going for dinner but Iroh wasn't dressed up. I breathed in calmly to prepare myself on what I was going to hear next.

"I'm going on a date." I felt like my whole mouth just dropped to the floor. I didn't realize I was backing away till my back touched the door that was heading out to the main entrance.

"You go have fun." I managed to say but before I got out, Zuko grabbed my arm.

"Are you angry?" He asked like he least expected that from me. I wanted to tell him 'oh no I'm furious' but I answered with a simple no. "So you are?"