62. Sokka's master

My days had been becoming better. My friends had been helping me to take things lightly. Sokka always made sure I was never alone,something I was grateful for. Now we were laying on the soft grass watching the night sky. There were stars shooting across that looked so beautiful.

"This is so beautiful." Katara said as we continued to watch the night sky.

"It makes someone realize how insignificant we are." He said then looked at me. I gave him a small smile and he returned it.

"Meh, you've seen something once you've seen it a million times." Toph said as she shrugged.

"You're just saying that because you can't see it." I told Toph and she smiled.

"Don't start with me Taliya." She said jokingly. Then we saw this huge light coming towards the earth.

"You've never not seen this!" Aang said as we all stood as we watched it hit the earth. Even Toph stood up from the explosion that hit the ground with a lot of force. We quickly got on Appa to check it out. There was a huge fire.

"The fire is going to destroy the village!" Katara said as we circled the fire.

"Not if we can stop it!" Aang said as we landed on the ground. We all jumped off.

"There's a creek over there. I'm gonna bend the water and bring it over here." Katara said as she took Appa's reins.

"Toph, let's make a trench to make the fire not get any closer." Aang told Toph and they ran off.

"What should we do?" Sokka asked.

 Aang looked at us, probably with no answer but when Momo flew in between us he said, "Keep an eye on Momo."

"So what? We're just lemur sitters?!" Sokka shouted. I took his hand and dragged him away from the fire.

"Don't worry about it. We are doing nothing. I thought you would be pleased to do nothing." I told him but I knew that was not true. Sokka sometimes did not take being a non-bender, lightly.  But at this point there was nothing we could really do but sit put. We watched as Aang and Toph  made a trench but small fire balls came our way and we had to duck. Soon enough Katara came with the water and poured it on the fire while Toph covered the rest of the fire with rock. I watched Sokka frown as we watched them bend the elements, stopping the fire.

"Sokka, Taliya, get out of the way!" Aang shouted as Katara passed him some water.

"Right, we're getting out of the way." Sokka said as he picked up Momo. "Got it." But I knew at the pace Sokka was walking we were gonna get caught in whatever Aang was planning to do. I had been trying to get my powers back for some time but it never worked. I knew we were going to get caught in the crossfire so I had to try. I saw a flood of cold water coming towards us and I held a hand up and tried concentrating on the water to move around us not towards us. I closed my eyes in concentration as I made cover and only opened my eyes to see Sokka watching me with a sad smile. We stood on frozen ground as I watched the snow all around us. I still had my powers. They kind of shielded Sokka, Momo and I from the huge snow blast.  I frowned as I started to become dizzy. I laid down on the cold ground as I felt my vision become blurry. "Taliya, are you alright?" I heard Sokka's concern in his voice but I couldn't bring myself to answer back. I closed my eyes, exhausted as ever as I heard the others call my name....

~<~<~<~<~<<~~<

"These people had no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night." Aang said as he sat down with his food. We were at a restaurant, in the town near our campsite. I was feeling quite weak from the little bending I did last night but all was fine. Katara kept on fussing at me about how I shouldn't have tried to bend, I'm too weak for it, no one wants to see me get hurt but I do need to get better. This block I was having was annoying me. And I couldn't ask Kiki to help me.