73. Sozin's comet: Old Masters

We looked at June as she finally sat down and drank her tea. We walked inside the tavern and they all looked at us questionably. We were just a couple of kids that looked rough and out of place. When June noticed Zuko, she frowned. "Oh, it's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?" She asked. She didn't seem interested in what he had to say. She continued to look ahead.

"He's my uncle." He told her. "and he's not here."

She looked at all of us. Her eyes landed on Zuko and Katara. "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"I'm not his girlfriend!"

I looked at Katara and Zuko. They were flustered, which made me wonder why they were unless something was going on. I didn't dwell on it too much. "We need to find the Avatar," Zuko said seriously, and June looked more bored than she already was.

"Hm, doesn't sound too fun." She said. She was starting to sound rude.

"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?" Zuko shouted at her, and since people were looking at us she walked out. I didn't believe that she cared. After all, she was just a bounty hunter. We went outside to find Appa and the shirshu growling at each other, but after squawking from Kiki they shut up and licked each other.

"Here Nyla." June said  as she threw her shirshu a piece of meat. We watched as the shirshu chomped on the meat then June turned to us. "Okay, who's got something with the Avatar's scent on it?" Katara gave her his staff which June gave to her shirshu. We watched as the shirshu walked in circles then after sometime she fell to the ground and touched her nose as if it was bothering her.

" Well, what does that mean?" Zuko asked.

"It means your friend is gone." June answered.

"We know he's gone that's why we're trying to find him." Toph said to her but then June had this scary look on that I didn't like.

"No, I mean he's gone, gone. He doesn't exist." She said and we all gasped. This could not be happening. Was this a punishment from the gods? We had to defeat the Firelord in two days and Aang was nowhere to be found. He didn't exist? How did that make sense?

"Do you mean his, you know, dead?" Sokka asked.

"Nope, we could find him if he were dead." June said and I frowned. There was no way he never existed. I just talked to him last night. "Wow, that's a real headscratcher. See ya." She said as she climbed on her shirshu.

"Helpful, real helpful." Toph said out loud so she can hear but it didn't matter anyway. Aang was gone . Did he really freak out about having to kill the Firelord? And what did Iris tell him anyway? I had to find out.

"Wait, I have another idea. There's only one person in the world who can help us face the Firelord." Zuko said snapping me out of my thoughts. I'll be right back with a smell sample." Zuko went onto of Appa and got this stinky sandal that belonged to Iroh out of his bag. Nyla sniffed the sandal fast. In a second, we all had to hurry on Appa to follow June. I turned to Sokka.

"I'm going back to the rainbow temple. Make sure nothing happens to me." he nodded. I closed my eyes and focused on the energy inside me, the energy that belonged to the rainbow sylph. Once I got there I didn't waste any time looking around. I walked straight to where I felt Iris' presence. She was still in the rose field. "What did you tell Aang?" I asked her and all she did was give me a bright smile.

"My advice." she said quite slyly.

"Well he disappeared. We don't know where he is and a shirshu can't track his scent." I shouted as I tried to move in between the roses but found myself away from her each time.