15.The Struggles

"Are you praying?" Sokka asked.

"Yes to Agni, the god of fire for good luck. I hope the market we get to won't be overrun by Fire Nation soldiers." I answered once I was done praying. We had met soldiers at the town before this one and it had not been easy to get out of it without fighting them off. "Plus I am kinda on the run."

"They're looking for you? Why?" Aang asked.

"Let's say I was under supervision when I forced my way out and all the guards were chasing me. If they catch me I'll probably be sentenced to death." I told them but thinking on my father it would probably be worse.

"How interesting." Katara said sarcastically with a frown. I wanted to talk back but I ignored her.

"You're wearing Earth kingdom clothes." Sokka stated. I gave him a smile.

"But someone can notice my eyes. My eyes are quite unique and only a few people from my home have these color eyes. Clothes do help but if someone really paid attention I won't be hard to find." I explained.

"That is true. During my time it was the royal family that had that color." Aang said as he continued to look ahead.

"Well that's because the royal family only married those worthy which ended up being family but Firelord Sozin stopped that tradition." I watched as they all looked at me in disgust. I mean yes it was disgusting but why were they all looking at me like I'm the one who married my cousin? "So Sokka can you get me a hat that I can be wearing undercover?" I smiled brightly to change the subject.

"Okay." He answered, and went to look in his things for one.

"Great." I said with a small smile. We soon landed and I slid down from Appa. It would have been nice to go to the market and stretch my legs but getting caught by my father was something I really wanted to avoid and I didn't want a repeat of the last town.

"So I guess you'll stay with Appa, Kiki and Momo?" Aang asked.

"Yeah. I'm not taking my chances." They started to walk away and I decided to sleep on Appa. I could have trained but my ankle was still a little too sore. I saw Sokka glance once more at me before leaving.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~
Fire was thrown above my head and I sat up quickly. I was being attacked. The different hues of red and black made me realize who they were: Fire Nation Soldiers. I stood up and got into my stance. As Fire was thrown again, I ducked. I took my bow and arrow and aimed it at a rhino. I felt sorry for the rhino since it started bleeding and ran around the clearing. They were 5. I was obviously outnumbered. Appa hit the soliders with his tail and Momo and Kiki started poking at their heads." Go get Aang and the rest." I told Kiki and she flew away with Momo.

I threw a dagger at a solider's arm. I fought as best I could but when my ankle was hit with a handle of a sword, I fell. My hands were tied behind my back roughly and I was blindfolded. I was put on the back of rhino. I was tired and I hoped Appa still wasn't here. Was this the universe trying to tell me I should go back home? This was the second time being captured and now I was going to my father. I didn't know if I preferred Jet capturing me or my father.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Silence." A deep voice answered me. My ankle ached more. Aang, Sokka please come and save me.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~
I was thrown into a cell then unblindfolded. I was definitely in a prison hold of a Fire Navy ship.
How did my father find me quickly? I stayed there for hours wondering who I was going to meet. He should have come to see me by now to call me a foolish and stupid child. The thing was, I got used to it. I used to take my father's words to heart when I was a little girl and it hurt till I thought my heart would break. My father was disappointed that I wasn't a firebender and he would remind me all the time.