53. Rainbow's Gift

Try to be a rainbow to someone's cloud.

Maya Angelou

We arrived at Chameleon Bay too soon and I was sad to see Sokka go. But it was nice he was going to see his father." You haven't see your dad in two years. You must be so excited." Aang said once we landed. Sokka did not look so good. He looked super nervous and like he was going to throw up.

"I know I should be but I just feel sick to my stomach." Sokka said. I put my arms around his neck from behind.

"You're just nervous." I told him.

"Yeah, don't be. He's going to be so excited to see you." Aang told him and Sokka finally smiled. I sat by him and Sokka asked,

"What about you guys? Are you guys ready to meet these people who are going to train you?"

"I'm not sure. I'll guess I'll see it for myself." I answered.

"I'm not. I'm ready to master the Avatar State. I'll do whatever it takes." Aang said determinedly. He told Sokka goodbye and when it came to me, Sokka pulled me down from Appa, away from Aang's view. And I got nervous.

"Two weeks, right? It's not that long." I told him, talking so he couldn't realize how super nervous I was.

"I'll still miss you though." He said, while hugging me. I hugged him back, my heart beating too quickly for normalcy. When he let go, he gave me a look that I had seen on Kuzon before and it was the same look I had seen on Zuko this morning. He glanced at my lips before looking at my eyes with a small smile. I would have loved Sokka to kiss me but I remembered what happened with Zuko this morning and I knew I couldn't allow him to do it.

So as he quickly bent over to kiss me, I kissed his cheek very quickly before backing away. "Goodbye Sokka." My voice almost sounded like a whisper probably because I could see the disappointment on his face. I quickly climbed on Appa and Aang and I waved at him goodbye.

You need to fix your boy problem. Kiki said in my head and I sighed as I buried my face in my hands. I know. I told her.

The journey to the rainbow temple was horrible, mostly because Aang kept on asking what had happened between Sokka and I. I kept on repeating that nothing had happened but he didn't buy it and now I couldn't wait to get to the temple.

It wasn't long till the temple came into view, and Aang and I were shocked beyond words. The building that was in the middle of the area was white along with the other small buildings around it. There was a double rainbow in the sky and I now stood up wishing I could touch it. The more we got closer the more I felt like I was at home more than the Fire Nation would ever be.

Once we landed I immediately got off and Aang followed suit. I couldn't stop smiling as I looked around at the grass that looked too green to be true or the flowers around that were representing every colour of the rainbow. " I'm sorry Aang but this temple beats the Northern Air Temple." I told him.

" Apology accepted." He said as we looked around at the interesting looking lemurs that were white and blue or the rainbow phoenixes in the air that flew around us and showered us with different colour rose petals. Kiki who was on my shoulder got down to stand on the ground and she immediately burst into ashes.

"Again?" I asked Aang. "But she isn't hurt." But what Kiki turned to, I didn't expect it. A colourful fire formed out of the ashes and when it was done, a young woman came out of it. She had long black hair and brown eyes that looked like they were filled with sadness and anger. She had worn white knee length dress.

"Huise!" I said as I went to hug her but I sooner realized she was a spirit. I turned back to Aang who was shocked.

"She's.... she's a spirit?!" Aang asked as he walked up to us. I realized I had never told any of my friends that she was the last rainbow sylph. After the introductions, Huise led us to Nuwa, a woman who was meditating in a garden full of purple flowers. She looked kind, and her hand was was half black and grey and half rainbow coloured.