41. The Serpent's Pass

It's been long since I've been on Wattpad and I'm really excited to be back.

High school was stressful but now that I'm done with it, I've got a lot of time till I join a university. I have missed writing this book and my other The Tiger Virago even though I finished it.

The first thing I decided to do was to write a chapter. I don't think it's perfect since it's been long but this is what you get.

Enjoy!

"I can't believe we have given up our tickets to go through the Serpent's Pass." Sokka whined as we walked through the people and their tents. I knew it would come to this. There has never been a day we went somewhere in a peaceful way.

"I can believe you're still complaining about it." Toph said annoyed.

"Just ignore him." I said as I patted Toph's shoulder and glanced at Sokka who frowned at me. I walked up to Aang. He seemed so concentrated on whatever he was thinking about he didn't even notice my presence. Ever since we lost Appa, he seemed to be completely off even though he wouldn't admit it. It was like he didn't even care about anything.

I was spiraling myself. People hadn't really looked up to me before. I've always looked up to Aang. I still hadn't grasp my power so I was just a non bender. I guessed being in Ba Sing Se was going to change that, so it seemed.

"I'm coming too!" We heard Suki shout and I turned to find her out of the ugly uniform she was wearing. She had worn face makeup that looked exactly like Avatar Kyoshi's, and had let her hair down and had tied a headpiece around her head. Her Kyoshi warrior uniform was pretty and....solider-ish. I liked it.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I heard Sokka ask. I continued to walk with the rest but I felt his eyes  on me. Why wouldn't he want Suki to join us? I was pretty sure she was bored and needed adventure. Although deep, deep down I didn't want her to come.

The walk to the Serpent's Pass was not that long. It was near Full Moon Bay, actually. We didn't talk much. Suki had indeed joined us but I tried to shake the feelings of jealousy off. "This is the Serpent's Pass?" Sokka said as we reached the entrance." I thought it would be more winding like a serpent. I guess they misnamed it."

"Look at this writing." Ying said and Aang and I walked to it. When I read it, I gasped." How awful."

"What does it say?" Toph asked.

"It says 'abandon hope'." Katara and I said at the same time.

"How could we abandon hope? It's all we have." Ying buried herself in her husband's embrace. She was right. All we had was hope that everything was going to be okay and willpower to keep on moving.

"I don't know. The monks used to say that hope is just a distraction. So maybe we do need to abandon it."said Aang,calmly in a disturbing way as he looked at the ocean around us.

"What are you talking about?" Katara questioned him with a worried look.

"Aang, are you sure you're..." I started.

"I'm fine! Hope isn't going to help us to get to Ba Sing Se and it isn't going to help us find Appa. We need to focus on what we're doing right now and that's getting across this pass." He said as he looked at all of us like we were crazy to have hope.

"Okay, if you say so." Katara said in defeat but I wasn't going to back down.

"You guys go ahead, I want to talk to Aang for a little bit." I told them and they started to walk away. I wanted my friend back, not this person who just didn't care.