28. The Avatar State

Red. Orange. Yellow. Green.

The Fire lily pendant was something. I felt like I had seen it before, like it was mine. I couldn't keep my eyes off it and the sunlight reflected on it and made me see different colours.

Blue. Indigo. Violet.

Why couldn't I figure it out? I was so sure I had seen it. Maybe it was from....

"Taliya!" I looked up to Sokka." How many times do I have to call you?"

"Sorry." I said kinda annoyed.

"We're here." I looked around. Appa was landing at a base and many, many guards came to greet us.

"Welcome Avatar Aang. I am General Fong and welcome to all of you great heroes; Appa,Momo, brave Sokka, the fierce Taliya and the mighty Katara." General Fong greeted us.

"Mighty Katara? I like that." Katara smiled. They all smiled but I didn't. I didn't consider myself as a hero. Fireworks exploded into the air, different colours that I had to say they were pretty.

"Not bad, not bad." I knew Sokka was happy to be acknowledged as a hero. We were escorted to the general's office. They gave us refreshments before the general talked.

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed by the stories of you single handedly wiping out a Fire Nation navy fleet at the North Pole. I can't imagine how you feel to hold such devastating power. It's a lot of responsibility." He started and I frowned.

"I try not to think about it too much." Aang replied casually but I saw the slight twitch on his face. What was the general doing? Testing the waters? Because I didn't like where he was headed.

"Avatar, you're ready to face the Firelord now." He said calmly.

"What?" Aang said clearly distressed."No I'm not!"

"Aang still needs to master all four elements." Katara explained.

"She's right. And that is a horrible idea."I added.

"Why? With all the power he possess enough to end a hundred battle ships in a matter of minutes. We can defeat the Firelord now!"

"But sir the thing is Aang can only do those things when he's in the Avatar State." Sokka explained.

"See, it's this special state where......"

" I'm well aware. Your eyes and tattoos glow and you summon unbelievable power. Without you we'll be slaughtered before we reach their shores but with you as the ultimate weapon we can cut a swat right through to the heart of the Fire Nation."

"So you want to make a twelve year old boy your weapon? No offense but you're starting to sound like the Fire Nation who would do everything and anything to win even if it is to kill someone." I spat glaring at the general.

"Right," Aang said as he looked at me with concern, " but I don't know how to get in or out of the Avatar State, much less what to do once I'm there."

"So it's decided then. I'll figure how to get you in to the Avatar State and then you'll face your destiny." The general said. But I saw that look on his face. It was exactly how my father used to look; arrogant and determined.

"No nothing's decided we already have a plan. Aang's pursuing his destiny his way." Katara shouted as we stood.

"While you take your time learning the elements, the war goes on. May I show you something?" He went with Aang to a window and the rest of us didn't bother to follow.

"We have to convince Aang not to do this. He'll be running into a fight with no control."  I said as I  stared at Fong and Aang.

"I know." Katara said worriedly.